Delicious and Filling Syn Free Ham and Hashbrown Frittata - perfect for breakfast, lunch or even dinner.
Gotta love breakfasts that save your HEb for later, right?
It means I have it free for later to make pancakes or one of granola recipes, to enjoy as a low syn snack with fruit in the evening, as I'd rather have that which is much more satisfying than wasting a huge amount a syns on a small bit of chocolate. Although I do occasionally syn the chocolate if I really want it.
This Ham and Hashbrown Frittata is really high satiety as it has a good source of protein which I find is very important for your first meal of the day.
You can make the hash brown part to this omelette the night before if you prefer, it will save some time and mean this omelette is then super quick to make in the morning.
I add some speed veg to this Ham and Hashbrown Frittata. Vegetables like spinach, red pepper and onion, but you could vary it up with things like tomatoes or mushrooms if you prefer. They are just my preferred choice for this as they all go together really well.
Once the Ham and Hashbrown Frittata is almost set underneath, I place it in the oven under the grill (broil) just till the top is lightly golden and then serve - delicious!!
Look at the beautiful colours of all the ingredients in this dish.
Extra Easy - syn free per serving
WW Smart Points - 12
- 6 eggs beaten
- 100g/3.5oz of ham, roughly chopped
- 400g/14oz of white potato, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- ½ red pepper , sliced into thin strips
- two handfuls of spinach
- spray oil
- salt and black pepper
- Optional: cheese from your HEa
- Preheat oven to 220c/425f
- Squeeze excess moisture from grated potatoes.
- Add to a baking tray lined with parchment, spread out in a thin layer.
- Season well with salt and black pepper
- Spray over the top with spray oil
- Bake for 20 mins until lightly golden.
- Spray a medium sized frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil.
- Add the onion and red pepper and fry till softened.
- Then add the ham and spinach and fry till the spinach is lightly wilted.
- Mix in the hash brown potatoes
- Whisk the eggs and pour over the top, tilted the frying pan slightly from side to side to spread the eggs evenly.
- Cook until lightly set on the bottom (couple of mins) and then place under the grill until the top is lightly golden.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!!
- Optional: if you have a HEa spare, you can add a bit of grated cheese to the whisked eggs
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.