Roasted Cauliflower Frittata - delicious roasted flavoursome cauliflower combined with eggs, pumpkin puree and parmesan for a delicious and colourful frittata. Perfect for lunches and picnics.
I love frittata's or crustless quiches, super handy for lunch and can be eaten hot or cold, so perfect for on the go too. If we have a picnic or day out planned, I will always make one up to take. They are a great source of protein too and will keep you fuller for longer.
There are quite a few variations of quiches and frittata recipes on the blog to choose from - such as crustless, some with a hash brown crust, some with a sweet potato crust. You never need to be bored of ideas for variation.
- Spiralled Zucchini Quiche
- Breakfast Layered Crustless Quiche
- Breakfast Quiche
- Cheeseburger Quiche
- Tuna and Sweetcorn Mini Quiches
- Crustless Bacon Leek and Sweet Potato Quiche
- Salmon and Broccoli Quiche
- Chicken and Spinach Quiche
- Speedy Breakfast Frittata
- Ham and Hashbrown Frittata
- Sweet Potato and Spinach Frittata
Literally spoilt for choice with all of those and if don't forget there is also my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 700+ delicious Slimming Eats recipes.
Roasting the cauliflower for this frittata is super easy and uses nothing complicated. Just salt, black pepper, a little garlic and onion powder, sliced onion and cooking oil spray. I always love roasting cauliflower as it gives it such a delicious nutty flavour. I actually even roast my Cauliflower Rice.
The beautiful golden colour in this Roasted Cauliflower Frittata comes from some pumpkin puree. I had some leftover from my Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes and not one to waste food, decided to add it to this and it worked beautifully.
You can get pumpkin puree from most large grocery stores, found in a can usually in the baking section or canned fruit section. It is also available on Amazon. Just make sure it is 100% pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling which is loaded with sugar and other ingredients.
If you struggle to get your hands on some of this, you can replace with Butternut Squash puree or even mashed Sweet Potato.
HOW CAN I ADD VEGETABLES TO THIS ROASTED CAULIFLOWER FRITTATA?
There is actually plenty of veg already included in this Roasted Cauliflower Frittata, but it is also perfect served with a mixed salad of some baby greens, julienned carrot and a low cal dressing.
TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS ROASTED CAULIFLOWER FRITTATA YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING KITCHEN ITEMS:
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Jug
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Chopping Board
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
- Oven Proof Dish or quiche dish
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- salt and black pepper
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of onion powder.
- cooking oil spray
- ½ cup (120ml) of pumpkin puree (can sub with butternut squash puree)
- ¼ cup (60ml) of fat-free plain Greek Yoghurt
- 6 eggs
- small pinch of cayenne pepper
- small pinch of paprika
- 60g of parmesan
- 30g of cheddar
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the cauliflower, onion, salt, pepper, a pinch of garlic and onion powder to a large bowl.
- Spray with a few sprays of cooking oil spray and toss to coat.
- Add to a baking tray lined with parchment paper and spread out in a single layer.
- Roast for 30 mins until lightly golden, remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, yoghurt, a pinch of cayenne, pinch of paprika and cheddar to a large bowl and mix till well combined.
- Spread the roasted cauliflower out in a quiche dish or ovenproof dish.
- Pour over the top with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Bake for 30 mins at 200c/400f (gas mark 6) for approx 30 mins until lightly golden on top and the eggs cooked and set.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1 serving (⅓ of frittata)
Amount Per Serving Calories 356Total Fat 19.5gSaturated Fat 9.2gCholesterol 399mgSodium 645mgCarbohydrates 17.6gFiber 6.6gSugar 7.3gProtein 30g