Syn Free Roasted Cauliflower Frittata - delicious roasted flavoursome cauliflower combined with eggs, pumpkin puree and parmesan for a delicious and colourful frittata. Perfect for lunches and picnics.
I love frittata's or crustless quiches, super handy for lunch and can be eaten hot or cold, so perfect for on the go too. If we have a picnic or day out planned, I will always make one up to take. They are a great source of protein too and will keep you fuller for longer.
There are quite a few variations of quiches and frittata recipes on the blog to choose from - such as crustless, some with a hash brown crust, some with a sweet potato crust. You never need to be bored of ideas for variation.
- Syn Free Spiralled Zucchini Quiche
- Breakfast Layered Crustless Quiche
- Breakfast Quiche
- Syn Free Cheeseburger Quiche
- Tuna and Sweetcorn Mini Quiches
- Crustless Bacon Leek and Sweet Potato Quiche
- Salmon and Broccoli Quiche
- Chicken and Spinach Quiche
- Syn Free Ham and Broccoli Quiche
- Syn Free Speedy Breakfast Frittata
- Ham and Hashbrown Frittata
- Syn Free Sweet Potato and Spinach Frittata
Literally spoilt for choice with all of those and if don't forget there is also my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 700+ delicious Slimming World recipes.
Roasting the cauliflower for this frittata is super easy and uses nothing complicated. Just salt, black pepper, a little garlic and onion powder, sliced onion and cooking oil spray. I always love roasting cauliflower as it gives it such a delicious nutty flavour. I actually even roast my Cauliflower Rice.
The beautiful golden colour in this Roasted Cauliflower Frittata comes from some pumpkin puree. I had some leftover from my Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes and not one to waste food, decided to add it to this and it worked beautifully.
You can get pumpkin puree from most large grocery stores, found in a can usually in the baking section or canned fruit section. It is also available on Amazon. Just make sure it is 100% pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling which is loaded with sugar and other ingredients and not syn free.
If you struggle to get your hands on some of this, you can replace with Butternut Squash puree or even mashed Sweet Potato.
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ SPEED FOODS TO THIS ROASTED CAULIFLOWER FRITTATA?
There is actually plenty of speed already included in this Roasted Cauliflower Frittata, but it is also perfect served with a mixed salad of some baby greens, julienned carrot and a low syn dressing.
TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS ROASTED CAULIFLOWER FRITTATA YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING KITCHEN ITEMS:
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Jug
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Chopping Board
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
- Oven Proof Dish or quiche dish
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Syn Free Roasted Cauliflower Frittata | Slimming World
Yield 3 servings
This recipe is gluten-free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa per serving
- WW Smart Points - 5 per serving
- Vegetarian - use a vegetarian cheese
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- salt and black pepper
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of onion powder.
- cooking oil spray
- ½ cup (120ml) of pumpkin puree (can sub with butternut squash puree)
- ¼ cup (60ml) of fat-free plain Greek Yoghurt
- 6 eggs
- small pinch of cayenne pepper
- small pinch of paprika
- 60g of parmesan (2 HEa's)
- 30g of cheddar (1 HEa)
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the cauliflower, onion, salt, pepper, a pinch of garlic and onion powder to a large bowl.
- Spray with a few sprays of cooking oil spray and toss to coat.
- Add to a baking tray lined with parchment paper and spread out in a single layer.
- Roast for 30 mins until lightly golden, remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, yoghurt, a pinch of cayenne, pinch of paprika and cheddar to a large bowl and mix till well combined.
- Spread the roasted cauliflower out in a quiche dish or ovenproof dish.
- Pour over the top with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Bake for 30 mins at 200c/400f (gas mark 6) for approx 30 mins until lightly golden on top and the eggs cooked and set.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing.
Can't find pumpkin puree? Substitute with butternut squash or sweet potato puree.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving (⅓ of frittata)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19.5 g
Saturated Fat 9.2 g
Cholesterol 399 mg
Sodium 645 mg
Total Carbohydrates 17.6 g
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 30 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.