The amazing Syn Free Spiralled Zucchini Quiche - if you haven't yet made this you are seriously missing out.
This is a genius creation of mine and I may be blowing my own trumpet here, but it tastes pretty darn amazing.
I mean whats not to love? Look at that crispy hash brown crust, filled with a cheese eggy goodness that you expect in a quiche and the spiralled zucchini just adds great flavour and of course some speed food too.
I spiral my zucchini (courgette) with the paderno vegetable spiralizer which is one of the best ones out there. However, it is hard to source in the UK
But this one looks pretty close and gets a high rating.
On most spiralizers, you get at least 2 spiral sized blades, for the spiralled zucchini I use the smaller spiral blade.
You can enjoy a ⅓ of this quiche as 1 healthy extra A serving, but if you want it to serve more, you could cut it into 6 slices and then it will be just ½ HEa per serving, leave you some for milk in your tea or coffee etc.
I like to make this spiralled zucchini quiche in a 8inch springform pan
as it means you get a nice height to the quiche, but it will work just as well in a shallow bigger pan, you of course just won't get quite the same look.
Serve this spiralled zucchini quiche with a big mixed salad to up your speed foods. It is delicious served hot or cold
Love quiche recipes like this? Check out some of my other Quiche Recipes, perfectly filling and great for grab and go lunches
Extra Easy - 1 HEa per serving
Green - 1 HEa per serving
WW Smart Points - 11 (when making the quiche serve 4) Dairy Free/Paleo/Whole30 - replace cottage cheese and cheese with coconut milk (adjust syns accordingly)
- 800g (28oz) of Russet Potatoes, peeled and grated (squeezed of excess moisture)
- ⅔ cup (160ml) of fat free cottage cheese
- 5 eggs
- 3 zucchini (courgette), spiralled or grated
- 90g (3oz) of parmesan cheese (3xHEa's)
- Spray Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Spray a 8 inch springform pan with spray oil (if you don't have this you can use a bigger pan, you just won't get the height that you do with this smaller pan)
- Season grated potato with salt and black pepper.
- Fill the end of the pan with an even layer of the grated potato and then carefully turning the pan on it's side, firmly press down the grated potato around the sides also, until you have a grated potato shell. Spray all over with spray oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 35-40 mins until lightly golden.
- While potato crust is cooking, add the zucchini to a colander and season with salt, toss and leave it to rest in the colander over a bowl or similar to release it's excess moisture.
- When potato crust is ready
- Lower oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Squeeze any excess moisture from the zucchini and add to the potato crust in a swirl effect
- Add the cottage cheese and eggs to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Add to a bowl with the parmesan and mix to combine, season the egg mixture with salt and black pepper.
- Slowly pour in the egg mixture over the zucchini, so that the mixture evenly falls to the bottom.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 30 mins, quiche should be lightly golden on top.
- Allow to cool for approx 10 mins before slicing.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
- This is delicious served hot or cold.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.