This Syn Free Crustless Ham and Broccoli Quiche tastes so good, you won't miss the crust.
I don't know about you, but I love making quiches. They are great for adding in some healthy speed vegetables. Also perfect for making in advance for lunch if you have some busy days ahead. You can make one the night before, refrigerate and take a slice as you need it, as they normally last a few days, if the family doesn't eat it all, that is.
If crusts are your thing, however. You should check out this amazing Spiralled Zucchini Quiche, is has a yummy hashbrown crust and the flavours are delicious. There is also this Chicken and Spinach Quiche or this Bacon and Red Pepper. So if you really can't do without the crusts, then those might be for you.
This Ham and Broccoli Quiche is full of flavour and cheesy goodness. I love to use cheese in quiches, as it really packs the flavour, I rarely make a quiche of any kind without using some healthy extra a allowances of cheese.
I use a mixture of both Parmesan and Cheddar in this Ham and Broccoli quiche, and the whole quiche serves 4, if you want a bigger slice, then reduce the cheeses down to 3 Healthy Extra A choices for the whole thing, and then you can have a ⅓ of this quiche instead. A quarter with a nice big salad was enough for me.
I also use fresh broccoli which I just lightly cook and then blot with some kitchen paper just to absorb any moisture, as otherwise it can make the mixture and bit wet and it doesn't cook as well. Bear that in mind if you decide to use frozen broccoli instead of fresh, as it will release a lot more moisture. The sautéed onion, just adds to the flavour.
To cook this quiche I use a flan dish which I grease with a little spray oil, but a springform pan would work fine too.
There are also many more Quiche Recipes to check out. If you fancy a different variation.
This Ham and Broccoli quiche would be great to take on a picnic in the summer, with lots of other little Slimming World nibbles. Who needs sandwiches? not me.
Looking for some more quiche recipes to try?
- Syn Free Spiralled Zucchini Quiche
- Breakfast Layered Crustless Quiche
- Breakfast Quiche
- Cheeseburger Quiche
- Asparagus and Bacon Quiche
- Chicken and Spinach Quiche
- Red Pepper and Bacon Quiche
- Tuna and Sweetcorn Mini Quiches
there are many more recipes to browse through in my full Recipe Index
Syn Free Ham and Broccoli Quiche
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa per serving
- Original/SP - 1 HEa per serving
- WW Smart Points - 8
- ¾ cup (180ml) of Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 300g (10.5oz) of broccoli
- 6 thick slices of lean ham, chopped
- 60g (2oz) of cheddar cheese, grated (2xHEa)
- 60g (2oz)of parmesan cheese, grated(2xHEa)
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f
- Grease quiche dish with spray oil
- Add the broccoli to a saucepan of boiling hot water and parboil for 1.5 mins.
- Rinse under cool water and blot with kitchen paper.
- Roughly chop into smaller pieces and add the dish and spread out.
- Spray a frying pan with spray oil, add the onion and saute for 5 mins to soften.
- Add this to the top of the broccoli
- Chop up the ham and scatter this on top.
- Then add half the parmesan and half the cheddar.
- Add the cottage cheese, eggs and remaining cheese to a blender, season with some salt and black pepper and blend till smooth.
- Pour this over the the broccoli and ham mix
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 40 mins, until nice a golden on top.
- Allow to cool for about 15 mins and then slice and enjoy.
Want a bigger slice? Use just 3 Healthy Extra A allowances of cheese (60g cheddar and 30g of parmesan) and then you can enjoy a ⅓ of this for 1 HEa serving
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. You should always double check syn values for synned items.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15.5 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 237 mg
Sodium 960 mg
Total Carbohydrates 9.4 g
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 30 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.