Can you believe these Lemon Drizzle Muffins right before your very eyes are Slimming World friendly?
Some of the low syn cake recipes out there are pretty disappointing when you bite into them, they look good, but they either taste far too bitter from sweeteners or are just like a mouthful of egg - not pleasant at all.
These however are delicious and low syn and great for when you have a craving for some cake but don’t want to bust the daily syn allowance.
Served with a nice cuppa and some fresh fruit (my favourite is raspberries) and these are delicious.
You could actually have two of these, if you have lots of syns spare and still not break your daily syn allowance.
That’s pretty good right?
Mmmmmmmm, eat me now!!
- 1 cup (240ml) of all purpose flour (20 syns)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda (0.5 syns for both of these)
- ½ cup (120ml) of fat free lemon yoghurt
- ¼ cup (4 tbs) of sweetener of choice - 2 syns
- 2 eggs
- Juice and rind of 1 small lemon (or use 1 tsp of lemon extract)
- Spray oil
- For the drizzle
- 30g of icing sugar (6 syns)
- juice of half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f
- Add the yogurt, egg, sweetener, juice and rind of lemon to a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Sieve in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Spray 8 muffin cases (or use a silicone muffin tray) with spray oil
- Bake in oven until lightly golden and a skewer entered in the centre comes out clean (approx 30mins)
- Pierce all over the top of the muffins with a small wooden skewer and allow to cool.
- For the drizzle
- Add the icing sugar to a bowl
- Slowly add the juice of half a lemon, stirring after each little bit, until you have an icing that can be easily drizzle (not to thick, not too runny)
- Once muffins have cooled, drizzle icing over the top.
- These are great with some fresh fruit (especially raspberries)
Extra Easy – 3.5 syns per muffin
Green – 3.5 syns per muffin
Original – 3.5 per muffin
Weight Watchers Smart Points - 3