Can you believe these Lemon Drizzle Muffins right before your very eyes are Slimming friendly?
Some of the low calorie cake recipes out there are pretty disappointing when you bite into them, they look good, but they either taste far too bitter from sweeteners or are just like a mouthful of egg - not pleasant at all.
These however are delicious and low calorie and great for when you have a craving for some cake but don’t want to bust the daily allowance.
Served with a nice cuppa and some fresh fruit (my favourite is raspberries) and these are delicious.
That’s pretty good right?
Mmmmmmmm, eat me now!!
- 160g (5.5oz) of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) of fat free lemon yoghurt
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) of granulated sweetener of choice
- 2 large eggs
- Juice and rind of 1 small lemon (or use 1 tsp of lemon extract)
- low calorie spray
For the drizzle
- 30g of icing sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 160c fan, 180c or 350f
- Add the yogurt, egg, sweetener, juice and rind of lemon to a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Sieve in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Spray 8 muffin cases (or use a silicone muffin tray) with low calorie spray
- Bake in oven until lightly golden and a skewer entered in the centre comes out clean (approx 30mins)
- Pierce all over the top of the muffins with a small wooden skewer and allow to cool.
- For the drizzle
- Add the icing sugar to a bowl
- Slowly add the juice of half a lemon, stirring after each little bit, until you have an icing that can be easily drizzle (not to thick, not too runny)
- Once muffins have cooled, drizzle icing over the top.
- These are great with some fresh fruit (especially raspberries)
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 8
Amount Per Serving Calories 93.4Total Fat 1.2gSaturated Fat 0.4gSodium 79.3mgCarbohydrates 16.7gFiber 0.5gSugar 5.0gProtein 3.9g