Tuna and Sweetcorn Mini Quiches - make up a batch of these delicious mini Tuna and Sweetcorn crustless quiches for an easy grab and go lunch.
Mini Crustless Quiches
I love making mini quiches like these tuna and sweetcorn ones for lunches, as they are perfect for cooking in advance and can be enjoyed hot or cold.
Great for a portable protein snack too. Tuna and Sweetcorn is a just one delicious version, but there are so many different mix ins you can go for.
Variations for Mini Crustless Quiches
If you don't like tuna and sweetcorn, then try your own favourite combinations. Here are just a few that we enjoy.
- Leftover Roasted Vegetables
- Bacon and Sauteed Leeks
- Ham, Cheddar and Spring Onion
- Salmon and Spinach
- Bacon and Spinach
- Garlic Mushrooms
- Sausage and Kale
So many more you can do, don't be scared to try some different combinations, as there are so many different options that work.
The only tip for this is to ensure you saute anything that could release a lot of liquid first, as you don't want that liquid to leak out into the egg mix, it will make your mini crustless quiches all soggy.
Substitutes for Cottage Cheese
Cottage cheese is one of those things you either love or hate, and to be honest I am not a great fan of it, as it comes in it's regular form with curds of cheese. But trust me when I say you won't notice it in these mini quiches.
The cottage cheese is blended with the egg and cheese so you really can not taste those curds or texture that some people don't like.
If however you just can not face using it, here are a couple of substitutes you can go for:
- Greek Yoghurt
- Fromage Frais
- and lastly is just using more eggs instead, for example 9 instead of the 5.
Can I leave out the cheddar?
That's totally up to you, with the pastry base gone, I find the cheddar adds a better texture and flavour, but if you want to lower the calories then you can omit the cheese is if you like.
You can also try adding in different cheeses if you are making your own variation on these. I went for cheddar as it goes well with the tuna, think of it like a tuna melt in a quiche - yum!!
Sides for Mini Quiches
Like I mentioned previously these are perfect just as they are. If you have a picnic planned or just need a portable lunch adding some of these to your lunch box are perfect as you can enjoy them just as they are cold or warm them up in a microwave if you have access to one at work.
I like to pair these with just a simple side salad. Go for whatever salad items you like. Some of my favourites for a mixed salad are:
- Crisp Lettuce or Baby Leaves
- Shredded Carrot
- Cooked Beetroot
I also like these with a little bit of my Lighter Coleslaw - yummy!!
More Quiche Recipes
If you want some more quiche recipes like these, check out these:
- Artichoke Bacon Parmesan Crustless Quiche
- Crustless Roasted Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Quiche
- Cheeseburger Quiche
- Crustless Asparagus and Bacon Quiche
- Salmon and Broccoli Quiche
- Ham and Broccoli Quiche
- Crustless Bacon Leek and Sweet Potato Quiche
- Breakfast Layered Crustless Quiche
- Chicken and Spinach Quiche
or if you would like more recipe ideas - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes and can search by ingredients, course, diet and more.
All with estimated calories and Slimming Eats and Weight Watchers Smart Points values.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your
Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 200g (7oz) tin of tuna
- ½ cup (80g) of frozen sweetcorn
- ⅔ cup (160ml) of fat free cottage cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 90g (3oz) of cheddar, grated
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180c, fan 160c, 350f (gas mark 4).
- Mix the spring onion, tuna and sweetcorn together in bowl and season with some salt and black pepper.
- Put the cottage cheese and eggs into a blender and blend until smooth
- Gently fold this into the tuna mixture.
- Spray a 6 piece large muffin tray with spray oil and spoon the mixture evenly into each space. (you may get 9 muffins depending on size of your muffin tray)
- Top with your grated cheddar
- Place in the oven and bake for about 30 mins until cheese has melted and is golden.
- Serve with a side salad.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1 SERVING (2 Muffins)
Amount Per Serving Calories 361Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 335mgSodium 511mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 23gProtein 40g
Nutritional information, values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.