Grab a slice of this delicious bacon leek and sweet potato quiche with your favourite salad sides, for an easy simple lunch.
I'm a huge fan of crustless quiche. It's always a perfect dish to make for lunches for the week, you can make it up in advance and it can easily be varied with different fillings and then all you have to do is grab a slice and enjoy. It's perfect hot or cold too, which means if you run a busy work schedule, you don't need to worry about trying to find heating facilities to warm this up.
In the summer I always make a crustless quiche to take with us on a picnic or day out, because of the eggs they have a good source of protein and are really filling and high satiety, which means it doesn't feel like I am missing out when there are lots of yummy foods on offer at a picnic or get together.
This bacon leek and sweet potato quichequiche has just the perfect combination of fillings - bacon and leeks just pair together amazing, and that lovely sweetness of the added sweet potato, means you really won't miss out on the usual crust you expect with a quiche.
Then, of course, there is that tempting golden cheese topping, a quiche even a crustless one, just has to have some kind of cheesy topping, right? Here I use a good quality cheddar and just grate it on the top. Making this bacon leek and sweet potato quiche, just ½ a Healthy Extra A per slice, which means if you don't have a healthy extra free, you can syn the cheese on one slice at 3.5 syns, or if enjoy 2 - YES 2 SLICES, for your full healthy extra.
If you love recipes like this bacon leek and sweet potato quiche because of how handy they are for lunches, you must check out some of these other amazing quiches:
- Syn Free Spiralled Zucchini Quiche
- Breakfast Quiche
- Tuna and Sweetcorn Mini Quiches
- Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Quiche
- Salmon and Broccoli Quiche
- Syn Free Ham and Broccoli Quiche
- Chicken and Spinach Quiche
- Artichoke, Parmesan and Spinach Quiche
- Cheeseburger Quiche
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 700+ delicious Slimming World recipes and fully searchable by meal type, syn value, ingredients etc.
Don't worry if you are not a fan of cottage cheese, you really won't even notice this bacon leek and sweet potato quiche has cottage cheese in it because we blend it until smooth with the eggs. I like to use my Nutri Ninja Blender with Auto IQ to blend the cottage cheese and eggs. This blender is amazing. The auto IQ technology feature, mean it blends to a set pattern depending on what it is you are making. There is also an optional add-on for a food processor bowl, which is perfect for chopping and grating vegetables. Sauces and soups are literally so smooth, once completed with this amazing kitchen gadget.
Don’t worry though if you don’t have a full-size blender like mine. A stick immersion blender, like this Koölle Electric Powerful 3-in-1 800 Watt Hand Stick Blender will work just as well.
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ SPEED FOODS TO THIS BACON LEEK AND SWEET POTATO QUICHE?
There are already some speed foods included in the quiche with those yummy leeks, you could also swap out the sweet potato for butternut squash, just to increase those speed foods even further. I love to serve this bacon leek and sweet potato quichee with a mixed salad of baby greens, carrot ribbons and beetroot. I'm totally obsessed with beets at the moment, just can't seem to get enough of them.
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS BACON LEEK AND SWEET POTATO QUICHE?
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Jug
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Chopping Board
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Wooden Spoon
- Frying Pan
- Oven Proof Dish or quiche dish
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Crustless Bacon Leek and Sweet Potato Quiche | Slimming World
Yield 6 slices
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - ½ HEa per serving (1 slice)
- Original/SP - ½ HEa per serving (1 slice) - swap sweet potato for butternut squash
- WW Smart Points - 5 per serving (1 slice)
Allow 3.5 syns per slice, if not using your Healthy Extra A choice for the cheese.
- 4 slices of lean bacon (all fat removed), chopped
- 300g (10.5oz) sweet potato, peeled and chopped (or butternut squash)
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 small red onion
- pinch of sweet paprika
- 300g (10.5oz) of cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- salt and black pepper
- 90g (3oz) of strong cheddar
- cooking oil spray
- Add the cottage cheese and eggs to a blender and blend until smooth, set aside
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f (gas mark 4)
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with cooking oil spray
- Add the onion and bacon and fry until lightly golden
- Add in the leeks and sweet potato, some salt and black pepper to season, plus a pinch of sweet paprika and fry for a further couple of mins.
- Transfer to an oven dish or quiche dish and spread out evenly.
- Pour over the top with the cottage cheese and egg mixture and using a spoon, stir the vegetables so that the egg mixture goes fully to the bottom.
- Sprinkle over the top with the cheddar and bake for approx 30-40 mins, cheese should be nice and golden on top and quiche should be cooked all the way through.
- Allow to cool for approx 10 minutes before slicing.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9.4 g
Saturated Fat 4.9 g
Cholesterol 146 mg
Sodium 566 mg
Total Carbohydrates 20.1 g
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 22.3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.