Delicious Cheeseburger Quiche - yes this really is all the great things about a Cheeseburger made into a delicious Slimming World friendly crustless quiche. If you make anything, make this!!
Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche
I had planned to make some cheeseburgers for dinner, but then I remembered I had some cottage cheese in my fridge that needed to be used up, which popped the idea into my head to make a cheeseburger quiche. I mean it just seemed like a genius idea, and it definitely was.
The preparation for this does take a bit of time, but it is so worth it. This quiche is absolutely delicious and perfect hot or cold, for lunch or dinner and even to take on picnics.
Yummy Layered Crustless Quiche
Layers of homemade burger, homemade sauce, sauteed onions, then topped with a delicious cheesy topping. What more could one want?
Got a busy week ahead? Make one of these and portion up for your lunch with a nice mixed salad. Perfect!!
The first part to this amazing cheeseburger quiche is the base, just some simple extra lean ground beef and sea salt are all you need. Once combined, I flatten down into a 24cm ceramic quiche dish like this on Amazon:
and then bake in the oven for 10 mins, this part is important, as the meat will naturally release its juices and this needs to be drained or dabbed off with some clean kitchen paper, before adding the other toppings.
Healthier Homemade Tomato Sauce
Once the burger base is in the oven, you can quickly get preparing the other toppings. Next is the tomato sauce (or what would be the popular ketchup on a Cheeseburger), but ketchup is synned and so here we make a quick cheats version with some crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, Worcestershire sauce salt, pepper and a little sukrin: 1 (or another sweetener of choice, I prefer sukrin, because it's natural and has no aftertaste) just to tone down the acidity.
Then comes the lovely browned onions, I don't know about you, but I love onions on my burger.
Healthier Quiche Filling
Lastly is the cheesy egg topping. For this, you will need a blender. I use my Nutri Ninja Blender with Auto IQ to blend the eggs, cottage cheese and a little of the cheddar. This blender is amazing. The auto IQ technology feature, mean it blends to a set pattern depending on what it is you are making. There is also an optional add-on for a food processor bowl, which is perfect for chopping and grating vegetables. Sauces and soups are literally so smooth, once complete in this amazing kitchen gadget.
Don’t worry though, you don’t need a fancy high tech blender like mine above, a good old immersion stick blender like the Koölle Electric Powerful 3-in-1 800 Watt Hand Stick Blender or a similar make will do the job too.
But what if you dislike Cottage Cheese?
Many haters of cottage cheese are put off using it in a Slimming World quiche recipe. I dislike it as it comes out of the tub, I think it is those curds that put most off, but trust me when I say you won't know the quiche has it in the ingredients. Once blended, it is actually really creamy and perfect.
Once the egg mixture is done. We are all ready to layer up. Burger base, topped with the quick tomato sauce, then the onions, egg mixture and lastly cheddar. Because all cheeseburgers have to have cheddar.
Then just pop in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until it's all set and the cheese on top is melted and golden.
More Quiche Recipes
fancy some other quiche recipes, check out these:
- Syn Free Spiralled Zucchini Quiche
- Breakfast Quiche
- Tuna and Sweetcorn Mini Quiches
- Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Quiche
- Salmon and Broccoli Quiche
- Syn Free Ham and Broccoli Quiche
- Chicken and Spinach Quiche
- Artichoke, Parmesan and Spinach Quiche
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 900 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc
Sides for Cheeseburger Quiche
I just serve this Cheeseburger Quiche with a mixed salad, as it's pretty filling.
If you want to go that one step further, make up some big mac sauce, as in my Big Mac and Fries Fakeaway, to dollop on the side. It is seriously amazing!!!
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 350g (12.5oz) of extra lean beef mince
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- ¾ cup (180ml) of crushed tomatoes (or use passata)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste (puree) - use 3 tablespoons if using passata
- ¼ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup (225g) of fat-free cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 120g (4oz) of cheddar cheese (4xHEa’s)
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- In a large bowl, add the beef mince and sea salt salt and mix together to combine.
- Grease a quiche dish with some spray oil and add the meat mixture to the dish, flatten down well so it covers the bottom of the dish in a thin layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 10 mins until lightly browned. The meat mixture will shrink on the base when cooked, but don’t worry, as you will be covering it with more layers. Dab up any excess juices that are released with some kitchen towel. Set aside.
- Spray a frying pan with some spray oil, add the onions and fry until golden and softened.
- Mix the crushed tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl.
- Add the cottage cheese, eggs and a ⅓ of the cheddar to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Now you can start layering the next layers.
- Using a spatula, spread the tomato mixture over the meat layer.
- Add the softened onions
- Then pour in the cottage cheese mixture
- Sprinkle over the top with the remaining cheddar
- Then place back in the oven and bake until mixture is set and cheese is melted and lightly golden on top (approx 30 mins)
- Allow to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Serve with a side salad and Enjoy!!
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 1 HEa per serving
- Green WW Smart Points - 11 per serving
- Blue WW Smart Points - 9 per serving
- Purple WW Smart Points - 8 per serving
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 379Total Fat 18.2gSaturated Fat 9.1gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 272mgSodium 645mgCarbohydrates 13.4gFiber 2.6gSugar 5gProtein 40.3g
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.