How amazing does this Chicken and Spinach Quiche look?
Pastry is something we don't hear off too often within Slimming World, most of us avoid it because it can be pretty high in syns.
For that reason you will find dozens of recipes for crustless quiches, but what about when you want a crust?
That's where the hash brown crust comes in and it's delicious. If you love quiche with a pastry crust, then you won’t be disappointed with this hash brown crust.
Yummy flavour of chicken with spinach, in a cheesy quiche filling with a crispy potato crust, what more could one ask for.
It is great dish for packed lunches or days out etc because it can be eaten hot or cold.
I like to make it in a springform 8 inch spring form pan, with this pan, you will that you will get nice height to the quiche. But if you don’t have one of those, then a large round quiche type dish will work too.
I like to serve this with a mixed salad of baby greens, julienne carrot, cucumber and red onion. It is also great with a side of my low syn ranch dressing
More Quiche Recipes
- BREAKFAST QUICHE
- CRUSTLESS BACON LEEK AND SWEET POTATO QUICHE
- HAM AND BROCCOLI QUICHE
- SALMON AND BROCCOLI QUICHE
- DAIRY FREE CRUSTLESS BACON AND VEGETABLE QUICHE
- SPIRALLED ZUCCHINI QUICHE
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 900 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc
- 800g of Russet Potatoes, peeled and grated (squeezed of excess moisture)
- ⅔ cup (160ml) of fat free cottage cheese
- 5 eggs
- 3 chicken thighs, cut small strips
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 cups of baby spinach
- 90g (3oz) of parmesan cheese (3xHEa's)
- Spray Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Spray a 8 inch springform pan with spray oil
- Season grated potato with salt and black pepper.
- Fill the end of the pan with an even layer of the gratedpotato and then carefully turning the pan on it's side, firmly press down the grated potato around the sides also, until you have a grated potato shell. Spray all over the with spray oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 35-40 mins until lightly golden.
- Lower oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Spray a frying pan with spray oil. Add the chicken. onion and garlic and cook until chicken is golden. Add the spinach and mix to combine it all with the chicken. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the cottage cheese and eggs to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Add to a bowl with the parmesan and mix to combine, season the egg mixture with salt and black pepper.
- Add the chicken mixture to the hash brown crust and then slowly pour in the egg mixture, gently stirring as you do, so that the mixture evenly falls to the bottom.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 40 mins, quiche should be lightly golden on top.
- Allow to cool for approx 10 mins before slicing.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot content or post recipe or content in full. All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 3
Amount Per Serving Calories 540Total Fat 18.9gSaturated Fat 8.9gCholesterol 372.1mgSodium 1001.7mgCarbohydrates 48.7gFiber 7.4gSugar 4.8gProtein 43.5g