Start your morning with these amazing homemade Pork Sausage Breakfast Patties, super easy to make with a delicious taste.
Sausage is one of my favourite additions to my plate for breakfast and it's a great source of protein that goes perfectly with a variety of different eggs from fried, to poached to scrambled.
It's so easy to make delicious homemade Pork Sausage Breakfast Patties, so you don't have to worry about sourcing a decent low fat variety at the grocery store.
One of the great things about these Pork Sausage Breakfast Patties is you can make up a batch of them at the weekend to last through the week or even freeze some for another day.
Most store-bought sausages, come high in fat and full of fillers and most of those fillers are not gluten-free either, which means you are even more limited if you can't eat gluten.
To make these yummy Pork Sausage Breakfast Patties I use Pork shoulder which is a tasty cut of pork and can be pretty budget friendly too.
I just find it makes much better-tasting sausage patties and you can change these up so easily too with different spices. It also works as a ground-up sausage in recipes like this yummy Breakfast Hash.
How can I add a ⅓ vegetables to these Pork Sausage Breakfast Patties?
If you are having these for breakfast, there are so many great things you can add to get in some vegetables. Here are a few side dishes I love to serve these with:
- Balsamic Tomatoes and Spinach
- Sautéed Garlic Mushrooms
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Paprika
- Baked Tomatoes with Ham and Egg
or some spinach or baby greens is another great option, even some mixed berries in a bowl.
need some more ideas? Head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 850+ delicious Slimming Eats Recipes all fully searchable by meal type, value, ingredients etc
What Kitchen Items do I need to make these Pork Sausage Breakfast Patties?
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 500g (17.5oz) of pork shoulder, visible fat removed
- 2 tsps of paprika
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- few fresh sage leaves, chopped
- pinch of mixed herbs
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds (crushed in mortar and pestle)
- 1 tbs of maple syrup
- Add the pork shoulder to a food processor and pulse until ground like mince.
- Add the ingredients to a bowl along with the seasoning and mix to combine.
- Form into 8 equal sizes patties
- Heat a frying pan sprayed with cooking oil spray over a medium high heat.
- Add the patties and cook until golden on each side and cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite breakfast sides.
- Optional: add some maple syrup for a maple breakfast sausage
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 197Total Fat 4.4gSaturated Fat 2.2gCholesterol 98mgSodium 701mgCarbohydrates 0.1gFiber 0.0gSugar 0.0gProtein 38.3g