These Syn Free Sautéed Garlic Mushrooms accompany any dish really well, from breakfasts, to lunches to dinners.
One thing that can be hard to accomplish on Slimming World is tasty sautéed food. Spray oils don't always cut it, as the food tends to be dry unless you are using a good amount of spraying. I have an awesome tip for getting that lovely sauté flavour without the need for lots of oil. The key is broth or stock.
Although this recipe is for Sautéed Garlic Mushrooms, this technique will work for most veg. It is great for browning onions, celery and carrots for the base of a sauce. Achieve delicious sautéed cabbage or kale and one of my favs French Green Beans, taste so amazing cooked this way, I could literally just each a plate of those on their own.
One thing I that I really hate is dried out or watery cooked mushrooms, they look anaemic and just have very little flavour. This technique for mushrooms is amazing, once you cook these Syn Free Sautéed Garlic Mushrooms this way, you will come back to this recipe again and again.
Serve these Sautéed Garlic Mushrooms, on steak, on toast with poached eggs for breakfast, as a side to breakfast. With chicken or pork, the list is endless.
Once cooked I like to sprinkle with a little fresh Italian parsley, as the green makes them look so pretty. You can leave it out if you prefer. These mushrooms are also gluten and dairy free and vegetarian friendly if you use a vegetable stock.
It's hard to believe these haven't been cooked in loads of butter or oil - they taste amazing!!!
- 400g of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- approx 1 cup (240ml) of Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil
- Add the garlic, just to infuse the flavour
- Add the sliced mushrooms and add a little bit of the stock.
- Once the stock reduces down, add a little more
- Keep doing this process until the mushrooms are lovely and golden.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped Italian parsley
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - syn free per serving
- Green/Vegetarian - syn free per serving
- SP/Original - syn free per serving
- WW Smart Points - 0 per serving
- Gluten Free/Dairy Free - ensure the stock you use has no added gluten or dairy
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 52Total Fat 0.7gSaturated Fat 0.1gCholesterol 2.5mgSodium 489mgCarbohydrates 7.6gFiber 2.9gSugar 3.5gProtein 6.9g