Yes that’s right I lost an amazing 4.5lbs in one week on Slimming World following the Extra Easy SP plan
I know how much you have been loving my what I ate this week posts on the blog (not had a chance to post anymore the last few weeks, as it’s been hectic with the kids off school now for the summer holidays.
But with my amazing facebook group, I wanted to join some of the members on a full SP week. If you have small losses, then SP is brilliant if done correctly. As it encourages you to eat plenty of speed foods and cuts out some of the higher calories free foods like pasta, potato etc which we can have a tendency to overeat.
For me, my weight losses are very slow if I go to heavy on those foods, and if I really up all those healthy speed foods, it definitely helps to boost my weight loss.
But you may be asking
What exactly is Slimming World SP?
and I am going to explain it to you below.
- In your slimming world booklet or on Slimming World online you will see some of the free foods listed with either an S (for speed) or P (for protein) next to them.
- On SP you eat only those S and P foods, but 1/2 of your plate at least should be speed foods. Be careful there too, as there are quite a few fruits which do not speed foods and a few starchy vegetables too.
- As well as the S and P foods, you can enjoy 2 healthy extra A choiceS and 1 Healthy Extra b choices, plus your 10 syns as normal. (NOTE: when I did this full week below it was 2 B choices, 1 A choice and 15 syns)
- One word of advice I will give to really ensure you get the best out of your SP week, is to watch what you are snacking on between meals. I try to keep to healthy options like speed foods (fruit or veg) and make sensible choices with my syns and healthy extras. It’s a really good idea to try and vary them and not pick the same things each day.
- Also be careful with your synned foods too. Remember you can only eat the S and P foods, so while you can use your syns on some peanut butter or similar if that’s what you fancy, you can’t use your syns on a packaged meal that contains pasta, using a free foods allowance to calculate the syns, as remember pasta is one of the foods off bounds on your SP week.
- If you find a full SP week too much to take on, try the odd SP day here and there until you get comfortable with how it works. You also don’t even need to do a full SP day, you can just add in the odd meal here and there.
So now with all that explained, here is everything I ate on my full SP week which resulted in my 4.5lbs loss.
- Breakfast: Sauteed Garlic Mushrooms
- Lunch: I cooked some shredded kale (hard stems removed), and zucchini (courgette), in a little cooking oil spray with ginger and garlic for a few minutes, add in some soy sauce, and shrimp and continue to stir-fry until the shrimp were cooked.
- Dinner: For the burger, I seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and onion powder. The squash was cooked as Roasted Paprika Butternut Squash
- Breakfast: Pumpkin Pancakes
- Lunch: Tuna Mayo Salad
- Dinner: The vegetables were all added to a tray with salt, pepper, paprika and a little garlic powder and mixed herbs, spray with cooking oil spray and roast till tender. The salmon I just kept simple and seasoned with salt and pepper and baked in the oven.
- Breakfast: For the frittata, I just add the leftover roasted veg to a small frying pan, and heated for a couple of minutes, poured in the whisked eggs, let it just start to set underneath and then placed it under the grill to finish the top.
- Lunch: This was such a simple and quick dish. I sauteed some kale in cooking oil spray with garlic, then added in some chickpeas, curry powder, light coconut milk and stock and simmer for about 15 mins.
- Dinner: Chicken was seasoned with paprika, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder and baked in the oven along with some butternut squash that I sliced with a crinkle cutter and sprayed with cooking oil spray.
- Breakfast: Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Lunch: Combination of leftovers from the previous day
- Dinner: For the tandoori shrimp, I just added a little tandoori seasoning to some raw shrimp with a squeeze for fresh lemon juice and then cooked it in a pan with some cooking oil spray until cooked through. Served with Roasted Cauliflower Rice and Lentil Dhal.
- Lunch: Lentil Dhal
- Dinner: The chicken was just seasoned with paprika, salt and pepper and pan-fried in a little spray oil.
- Breakfast: Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Lunch: I cooked the chicken in paprika, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper and a little spray oil, once browned remove from pan and add in spiralized zucchini with a little soy sauce and cook for a few more mins. Add in the chicken toss to combine and all heated through and top with spring onion.
DO YOU WANT TO SEE SOME MORE FOOD DIARIES? CHECK OUT MY WHAT I ATE THIS WEEK SECTION.
Don’t forget to subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date with all new recipes, meals plans and tips etc
INTERESTED IN JOINING SLIMMING WORLD SO YOU CAN ENJOY THESE FABULOUS FOODS WHILE STILL LOSING WEIGHT?
Click here if you are in the USA – Slimming World USA
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.