What I Ate This Week on Slimming World – Week 5 – My new addition to the blog, where I will share my weekly food diary. This is so much better than just a basic Meal Plan because you will see the food exactly how it was made and enjoyed.
A much better week this week did still have a couple of days out, where meals had to be chosen wisely. The subway salad, however, was not for me, really tasteless and boring, I used to love their sandwiches pre-Slimming World days), but the salad just didn't do it for me, especially with the yummy salads I create myself at home. Check out my salad recipes. There are some amazing ones to choose from.
Happy with my weight loss this week. Slowly getting there, but since starting these What I ate this week posts I have managed to keep the weight loss consistent, even though I had the one STS.
I recommend doing a daily food diary to everyone and sharing in on my Facebook Group or through your own Instagram account. It's so easy to go over syns or not count something you should if you don't.
Give it a try this week and let me know how you get on.
Here is what I ate this What I Ate This Week on Slimming World – Week 4 starting Monday 4th June 2018:
- Breakfast: Garlic Mushrooms and then I seasoned some butternut squash which was cut into sticks with paprika, salt and cooking oil spray and cooked in the Air Fryer. (I used my Nuwave Air Fryer)
- Lunch: Peri Peri Rice which I added some cooked sliced sausage too. This was yummy and the kids loved it in their lunch.
- Dinner: A simple tray bake, just add chicken thighs to a bowl, seasoning with a sprinkling of paprika, mixed herbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper, then place on a baking tray and spray with cooking oil spray, add veg of choice next to it and bake till chicken is golden and tender. Such an easy meal. I've been enjoying variations on this each week.
- Breakfast: Sheet Pan Hash Browns
- Lunch: Cheesy Toast
- Dinner: Bolognese (I didn't add the red wine this time, so it was syn free)
- Breakfast: I slightly warm ½ tbs of peanut butter the microwave, so that you can drizzle, as it makes it go so much further. Then do the same with the ½ tbs of jam. Perfect on toast with sliced banana and strawberries (or you can use raspberries)
- Lunch: lunch was out today as was out all day shopping, so went for grilled chicken with salad in a wrap, estimating 6 syns for the wrap.
- Dinner: A simple tray bake, again for the chicken thighs, I added to a bowl, seasoning with a sprinkling of paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper, then place on a baking tray and spray with cooking oil spray, add veg of choice next to it and bake till chicken is golden and tender. Tonight I served with a baby green salad and a little dressing. Upping all those speeds foods to try and compensate for the lunchtime meal not strictly on plan.
- Breakfast: I cook my oatmeal in water, then add a little drizzle of milk from my allowance, to give it some creaminess. Then toss a ripe sliced pear in 1 tbs of maple syrup, add this to the top with ¾ tbs of sliced almonds.
- Lunch: Lunch out again today, really not what was planned, but forgot my daughter had two appointments to go to. So picked some teriyaki shrimp, is cooked on a hot plate with vegetables and served with steamed rice. They drizzle a little bit of sauce over the top, so estimate 6 syns to cover that.
- Dinner: Had to stop at Costco on the way home, so grabbed a cooked chicken, then when I got home, I removed all the skin and visible fat and shredded up the lean meat. Which is handy for salads, soups etc. So sauteed some zucchini in cooking oil spray for dinner, added some shredded cooked chicken and poured over the top 3 whisked eggs, seasoning with salt and black pepper. Perfect for a quick on plan meal when I got home.
- Breakfast: sauteed an onion in cooking oil spray, browned the sausage, then poured in some Homemade Baked Beans, crack in an egg and baked in the oven till egg was cooked to liking. (can also use bacon instead of sausage)
- Lunch: Spicy Carrot and Lentil Soup and I added in some shredded chicken to make more filling.
- Dinner: Recipe for the taco salad is coming to the blog soon.
- Breakfast: For the crispy toast, line a baking tray with foil, add the bread, and lightly mist with cooking oil spray, add a little sprinkling of salt and bake at 200c/400f until golden and crispy. The bread is amazing like this and you don't feel the need for butter. For the sriracha mushrooms, spray a pan with cooking oil spray, add the mushrooms and cook until lightly golden, then add in some sriracha (amount depending on how spicy you like), then ½ tbs of maple syrup and continue to cook until they are coated and stick. Serve with the crispy toast and poached eggs. If you struggle with poached eggs, this is a never fail method on my Poached Eggs over Garlic Mushrooms recipe.
- Lunch: Subway salad, but I only ate about half, as I didn't enjoy it at all.
- Dinner: Sushi Box shared with my daughter.
- Breakfast: Homemade Healthy Banana Granola
- Lunch: I use some leftover beef from this Taco Salad Bowl, heated up in a pan with a little stock, then served over lettuce, brown rice, and topped with tomatoes, cheddar, soured cream and cilantro. Really yummy!!
- Dinner: This was amazing!! Microwave some baby potatoes in a bowl for approx 5 mins, spray a pan with cooking oil spray, add the potatoes and fry until lightly golden, add in some brussels, garlic, black pepper, and a little stock, reduce it down, until the Brussels are lightly sauteed. Then stir through some cooked chicken.
TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS THIS WEEK: 1lb
Really happy to see the scales go down this week. Hoping for another loss again next week.
How did you do this week? I love hearing how you are doing, so please do comment.
DO YOU WANT TO SEE SOME MORE FOOD DIARIES? CHECK OUT MY WHAT I ATE THIS WEEK SECTION.
Don’t forget to subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date with all new recipes, meals plans and tips etc
INTERESTED IN JOINING SLIMMING WORLD SO YOU CAN ENJOY THESE FABULOUS FOODS WHILE STILL LOSING WEIGHT?
Click here if you are in the USA – Slimming World USA
Click here if you are outside the USA – Slimming World
and if you want to know more about Slimming World – you can check out my review: Slimming World Review
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.