Hearty Greens and a hint of fennel make this delicious Pork and Collard Greens dish.
I get many requests for recipes using ground pork as it tends to be the least popular in recipes. Most favouring ground beef. But it can actually make some delicious dishes when combined with vegetables and good seasoning.
For breakfast I love these Homemade Pork breakfast Patties or Apple and Red Onion Sausage Square with egg, mushrooms and tomatoes. These Cheesy Sausage and Hashbrown Casserole is also delicious as are Sausage and Egg Breakfast Muffins.
If it is for a main course - then there are these Pork and Sweet Potato Meatballs which are perfect with some chips and veggies. For when I have more time to prepare dinner - this Eggplant and Pork Timbale is amazing, it's like a cheesy pork ragu mixed with pasta and wrapped in delicious slices of grilled eggplant and parmesan and then baked in the oven. How amazing does that sound?
Fancy an asian style dish? Then try this Hoisin Pork and Noodles - super quick to make and the kids will love it.
But when I am doing a SP day, one of my favourites is the Pork and Collard Greens - it is a simple and uncomplicated dish with limited ingredients. The flavours are lovely and it's packed with good healthy vegetables. I love to serve with Roasted Cauliflower Rice and some roasted butternut squash which makes it a really filling and satisfying meal when following a SP day.
You can totally enjoy this Pork and Collard Greens any day though too, served with these Crispy Golden Potatoes or Crushed Roast Potatoes or these Garlic and Herb Roast Potatoes. In fact it would go well with various sides including rice.
Looking for some more friendly main course? Check out these:
- Chicken, Feta and Strawberry Salad
- Beef and Vegetable Casserole (Oven, Slow Cooker, Instant Pot)
- Bombay Lamb Curry
- Stove Top Pulled Pork
- Turkey Chilli Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
- Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- SP Beef Zucchini Lasagne
- Garlic and Lemon Chicken
- Shrimp Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
or check out my FULL RECIPE INDEX for over 500+ delicious Slimming Eats recipes
- 500g (17.5oz) of extra lean ground pork
- 2 tsp of paprika
- salt and black pepper
- ½ tsp of fennel seeds crushed
- large bunch of collard greens or kale, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- spray oil
- 2 cups of chicken stock (480ml)
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, paprika, salt, pepper and fennel and mix well.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil, add the ground pork and onion and fry till no longer pink
- Add the carrots and collards greens and stir to combine, allow to cook for about 5 mins.
- Add the zucchini and then slowly add a bit of stock at a time, once that has reduce down, add a little more, until all stock is absorbed and just lightly coats all the meat and greens.
- This is not a saucy dish, so you need to make sure you let the stock reduce down each time.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 246Total Fat 4.5gSaturated Fat 2.2gCholesterol 98mgSodium 218mgCarbohydrates 9.4gFiber 3.6gSugar 1.6gProtein 41.6g