Mmmmm Cheesy Sausage and Egg Hash Brown casserole.
If you frequent my INSTAGRAM page, you will know I love my breakfasts.
Breakfast's to me are the most important meal of the day, therefore what I eat at breakfast sets me up for the rest of the day. If I eat bad, then it is usually a spiral downhill from there on. If I eat good, I feel well satiated and the eating good carries on through the rest of the day.
At every breakfast, I try to stick to the rule of a good source of protein and plenty of speed foods. That to me is the perfect combination of a great breakfast.
Usually at the weekend I like to cook up something that I can reheat each morning and add some speed food to the side like fruit or a complimentary speed veg, or combine the whole lot together when making something like my Breakfast Hash.
I even have a delicious Actifry Breakfast Hash for those of you with an actifry.
This dish was delicious - Homemade sausage crumbles, topped with whisked eggs, grated potato and cheese all baked in the oven.
This whole dish served four, so it will only last a couple of mornings, but you can double or even triple this recipe to make a bigger dish to serve more or to divide up for breakfast for the week.
It is great eaten cold or can be heated up in the oven for a few mins at 180c/350f.
- 450g (1lb) of extra lean ground pork
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground sage
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- 450g (1lb) of flour potatoes, praw
- 5 large eggs
- 120g (4.5oz) of cheddar cheese or red Leicester cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to season
- optional: 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180c fan, 200c, 400f (gas mark 6)
- Peel and grate potatoes, and squeeze of excess liquid.
- Add to a bowl and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Spread out on a baking tray lined with parchment and spray over the top with spray oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10mins, just to dry out slightly.
- In the meantime, spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil.
- Add the pork, salt, sage and paprika and fry till lightly browned, breaking up slightly with the back of spoon (I like to leave it in bigger pieces, so don't break it up too much).
- Once pork is lightly browned, add it to a casserole dish and allow to cool
- Whisk the eggs and pour over the top of the sausage.
- Add the part cooked grated potato to the top and spread out evenly.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 30 mins until the potato on top is golden and light crisp.
- Add the grated cheddar and place under the grill for 5 mins till melted
- Optional: Sprinkle over the top with sliced spring onions (or you can use chives or fresh Italian parsley)
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 469Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 10.4gSodium 984.3mgCarbohydrates 18.7gFiber 2.8gProtein 52.3g