A delicious fresh and homemade Chicken, Feta and Strawberry Salad - a perfect meal for a hot summers day
Salad's do not need to be boring. Long gone are the days, when a salad involved a bowl of greens and not much else. While greens are healthy, fresh and delicious. They are not exactly inspiring on their own, right?
When I was younger, a salad would involve iceberg lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and salad cream and that was it. Certainly wouldn't be my first choice now, if that is all a salad had to offer. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with all those ingredients, and occasionally I will still have something like that as a side to a main meal. But if the salad is my meal, I want it to be delicious, with lots of different ingredients, a flavour explosion in each mouthful.
This Chicken, Feta and Strawberry salad is just that - a complete meal, with lots of little different bites of yumminess, It is salads like this that I LOVE.
Seasoned chicken breast, homemade whole wheat croutons (using my HEb), ripe strawberries, delicious feta cheese and red onion with some baby lettuce leaves. If all those ingredients don't sound good enough, there is even a homemade raspberry vinaigrette - a perfect combination in this Chicken, Feta and Strawberry Salad.
I think this salad covers every taste bud going. Nothing boring or uninspiring here, just fresh, delicious ingredients. You have the protein, the sweetness, the crunch, the cheese and the healthy greens, what more could you ask for?
This Chicken, Feta and Strawberry Salad would be perfect to make the night before to take to work for lunch in a tub, make the dressing and add into a little separate container and you can then add to the salad when ready to eat to keep it nice and fresh. Double or triple the recipe and this would be perfect to take on days out or for a picnic to share with some other great picnic food.
Looking for some other delicious Salad recipes to enjoy? Check out these:
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Seafood Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Crab Stick Salad
- Watermelon and Feta Salad
- Curried Chicken Rice Salad Bowl
- Edamame Noodle Salad Bowl
- Chopped Chicken Salad
- Tuscan Chicken Salad
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Healthy Potato Salad
- Coronation Chicken
With many more delicious recipes to be found in my full Recipe Index
How beautiful are all the colours in this Chicken, Feta and Strawberry Salad?
- 1 chicken breast, uncooked and sliced into small strips
- ½ tsp of paprika
- salt and black pepper
- approx 12 Strawberries,
- approx 4 cups of mixed spring greens (baby greens)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 90g/3oz of Feta Cheese, cubed
- 60g of crustless wholemeal bread, chopped into small cubes
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- spray oil
- For the dressing
- ⅓ cup of raspberries
- 1 tbs of maple syrup
- 3 tbs of raspberry vinegar (or use a red wine vinegar if you cant get this)
- 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil -
- a little salt and black pepper
- Preheat an oven to 200c or 400f
- Add the cubed wholemeal bread to a bowl, with the pinch of salt and pinch of garlic powder, spray with spray oil, spread out on a baking tray and place in the oven and bake till crisp and golden (it doesn't taken long, so keep an eye on this - approx 6-8 mins)
- Add the chicken strips to a bowl with the paprika and and some salt and black pepper, toss to coat in the seasoning.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil and fry till golden and cooked through, remove and set aside.
- Add the raspberries, vinegar, maple syrup, and extra virgin olive oil to a large bowl, season with a little salt and black pepper and mash with a fork until you have a smooth dressing. (or you can add to a mini blender if you prefer)
- Add in the baby mixed leaves and toss to coat in the dress.
- Add the baby leaves to a two bowls.
- Scatter each bowl with croutons, red onion slices, strawberries, the cooked chicken and the feta.
- Serve and enjoy!!
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 469Total Fat 17.4gSaturated Fat 8.6gCholesterol 40.1mgSodium 795mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 10.8gSugar 15.5gProtein 40.6g