Try this delicious Seafood Salad for a light healthy lunch. Simple ingredients and so easy to make.
Every time I go to the local grocery store I can't help but hover over the deli counter staring at al the yummy salads that are on offer. So far my temptation hasn't got the better of me, mainly because I know just one serving of one of those salads is likely to put me well over my syns for the day, but it doesn't stop me from checking them all out every time I go in there.
Recently one that caught my eye was a seafood salad, made using crab sticks, so not really seafood at all, but it look delicious all the same. So I made a visual note in my head of what ingredients I could see in it, to come home and create a healthy version myself.
This seafood salad is yummy, I served it with a HEb serving of crispy Ryvitas, which was a delicious combination, but it would be great with a jacket potato and salad, or mix in some cold pasta, for a great pasta salad, that would be great for picnic and lunches in the summer.
Okay I know it is only just February, but even in the cold I sometimes fancy a nice salad and this was one of those occasions as I think I had overdone it a bit on the soups.
This Seafood Salad recipe makes 2 decent servings, but you could also double it up to make more, it should keep for about 4 days in a tub in the fridge.
Low Syn Seafood Salad
Yield 2 servings
This recipe is Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Extra Easy - 2 syns per serving
WW Smart Points - 6 syns per serving
- 200g of crabs sticks, chopped
- ¼ cup/4 tbs of of canned sweetcorn
- ⅓ cup of carrot matchsticks
- 1 stalk of celery, sliced
- 30g of red onion, finely diced
- 30g of red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- ½ cup of fat free plain yoghurt
- 2 tbs of low fat mayonnaise - 4 syns
- 1 tsp of sukrin (or other sweetener of choice) - optional
- salt and black pepper
- Add crab sticks, corn, carrot, celery, red onion, red pepper, spring onion to a bowl
- In a separate bowl whisk together, mayo, yoghurt and sweetener. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add into the bowl of crab stick mix and toss to combine.
- Season with more salt and black pepper as needed
This salad is great served with a HEb serving of ryvita, or jacket potato and salad or you could even stir in some cooked pasta for a delicious pasta salad.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5.2 g
Saturated Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg
Sodium 309 mg
Total Carbohydrates 32.1 g
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 11.6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.