This salad is so refreshing on a hot summers day. I make it often and vary the dressings, opting either for lemon and mint or balsamic vinegar. Also if you want to up the protein, this is great served with some additional grilled chicken
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy –1 HEa per serving
Green - 1 HEa per serving
Original - 1 HEa per serving
- 90g/3oz of Feta Cheese (2xHEa's), cubed
- chopped Watermelon
- 4 cups (480ml) or arugula
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly slice
- salt and black pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- few fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Divide the arugula among two plates.
- Add the feta, watermelon and slices of red onion.
- To a bowl add the juice of 1 lemon, and fresh chopped mint, season with salt and black pepper
- Whisk together and drizzle over the salad.
- For a variation - instead of the lemon/mint, drizzle with balsamic vinegar
- For extra protein - add some grilled chicken