Use up that leftover chicken and make this yummy Coronation Chicken.
Coronation Chicken is a dish that many of us have tried in one way or another, usually stuffed in vol au vents or sandwiches with thick buttered white bread. The latter of which neither are very Slimming World friendly
As well as that, you will find such a huge variation in recipes from one to the next.
The majority of Coronation Chicken recipes have the basics of chicken, mayonnaise and curry powder for ingredients, as for the other components though it is anyone's guess.
This is my version which is Slimming World friendly. I love to make open faced sandwiches using my HEb choice on whole wheat bread, or some ryvitas or similar. It is also really delicious on a baked potato with a mixed side salad.
I use a combination of yoghurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and apricot jam for the base of my mix for this Coronation Chicken and then add in few other ingredients for what I think makes a perfect low synned Coronation Chicken. It's my favorite thing to make with leftover cooked chicken.
Another great topping to try for open faced sandwiches, ryvitas or baked potatoes is my Crabstick Salad
Extra Easy - 3 syns per serving
Original - 3 syns per serving
WW Smart Points - 4
- 2 cups of cooked chicken, shredded
- 15g of sultanas (2.5)
- 1 tablespoon of apricot jam (2.5 syns)
- 1 teaspoon of mild curry powder
- 2 tablespoons of light mayonnaise (4 syns)
- ⅓ cup/80ml of fat free plain yoghurt
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- salt and black pepper
- handful of fresh finely chopped coriander
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- This is great served with a salad or jacket potato or bread/ryvita's using your HEb allowance.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.