I love Greek inspired food.
Back when I lived in Kent, I used to frequently go to an amazing Greek restaurant with my 3 of my best friends and we would all share a Meze (a selection of dishes), it is the best sharing meal ever, especially when accompanied by good friends and drinks, and often involved getting up on the tables afterwards dancing and having fun.
Lunch today wasn't really prepared, I wanted pasta, but didn't fancy the usual tomato based sauce. So decided on a yummy pasta salad.
Many times meals are created here by opening my fridge and looking for inspiration and this time it was the tub of feta staring back at me, so I know it had to be a
GREEK PASTA SALAD
So with main ingredients sorted, it was down to the dressing, as lets face a salad of any kind is pretty boring with out dressing.
Olive oil, Fresh lemon, fresh mint, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
Sometimes you just have to use a few syns to make a decent dressing and this was one of those time.
Add all ingredients to a bowl, drizzle with dressing and mix - Simple!! and all ready in less than 15 mins.
- 150g (5.5oz) of fusilli pasta (can use gluten free)
- 1 cup (240ml) of chopped cucumber
- 14 of chopped baby roma or grape tomatoes
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 90g (3oz) of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped mint
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- ½ tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Add pasta to a saucepan of boiling salted hot water and cook till al dente (10 mins)
- Allow to cool
- Add to a bowl the pasta, cucumber, tomato, red onion and feta cheese.
- Whisk together in the ingredients for the dressing and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Pour over the salad and mix well to combine.
- Divide among two bowls
Variation: add some cooked chicken
The recipes is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Extra Easy - 1 HEa and 2 syns
Green - 1 HEa and 2 syns
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
I ask that you always credit by linking back to my original post and don't reproduce the recipe or content in full. If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 461Total Fat 12.8gSaturated Fat 6.7gCholesterol 37.8mgSodium 554.2mgCarbohydrates 72.1gFiber 4.2gSugar 10.2gProtein 17.0g