Stuck for Slimming World lunch ideas? Then make up a tub of this delicious and light Tuna Pasta Salad.
This time of year is a funny thing, it's like the mind all of a sudden knows it is March and you stop wanting soups and start craving salads.
That is exactly what happened today. I was running behind and didn't have anything prepare for lunch. Not really fancying a hot dish. I suddenly remembered the yummy Tuna Pasta Salad I used to make to take into work in a tub.
A version that would be extremely high in syn values, using regular creamy mayo, but it's sooooo good.
I wasn't exactly sure if a low fat version would be quite the same, but my Seafood Salad worked really well, so I was sure I could get a similar delicious result for a healthier version of my Tuna Pasta Salad.
I served this with some crispy shredded Romaine Lettuce leaves for some additional speed foods, it does have some speed food in the recipe, but I love to up my speed foods wherever I can.
For the mayo part, I use a mixture of low fat mayonnaise and some yoghurt, Dijon mustard, seasoning and a little bit of sukrin: 1 to sweeten. It makes the perfect dressing mix for the salad and really does have that creamy taste to it.
This would be perfect to pack up in a picnic for a day out, with lots of other Slimming World friendly picnic foods. Like these Honey and Garlic Chicken Drumsticks and these Cheddar and Apple Quinoa bites (my kids love these).
Check out my Snack recipes for some more handy portable ideas for a packed lunch or picnic.
If you make up a tub of this, it should keep for a few days in the fridge. I like to remove it from the fridge a half an hour or so before eating, so that it is not so chilled. I just find any kind of salad taste better this way.
Pick brown rice pasta if you want to make this into a gluten free version.
- 160g of uncooked pasta of choice
- 1 can of tuna
- 1 cup (240ml) of canned sweetcorn
- ½ red pepper, finely diced
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup (240ml) of fat free plain yoghurt
- 2 tbs of half the fat mayonnaise - 4 syns
- 1 tbs of Dijon mustard - 1 syn
- ½ tbs of sukrin: 1 (or other sweetener of choice)
- salt and black pepper to season
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions and set aside to cool.
- Add the tuna, sweetcorn, red pepper, onion, to a bowl and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Add in the yoghurt, mayo, sweetener and mustard and mix to combine.
- Add in the cooked pasta and toss altogether.
- Season with a little black pepper and sprinkle with chopped spring onion.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 492Total Fat 6.8gSaturated Fat 0.3gUnsaturated Fat 34.3gCholesterol 37.5mgSodium 1715mgCarbohydrates 76.5gFiber 6.2gSugar 14.1g