Simple but delicious Tuscan Chicken Salad with white beans and a yummy low syn Ranch dressing.
On day's when I fancy a salad, this is one of my go to recipe, it is quick to make but packed with flavour.
I love chopped salads, if you add a variety of different components it can be a taste explosion with each mouthful.
Every time I make a salad I stick to this general rule - protein, greens, something sweet (usually fruit), something for crunch (either homemade croutons or something like seeds) or a pulse/grain, other vegetables of choice that I fancy and then, of course, there has to be a dressing.
For the chicken in this salad, you can use either breast or thigh meat. For the seasoning, I just simple ingredients - salt, black pepper, paprika, a little rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, and lemon zest and you are good to go. All you then have to do is pan fry till golden and mix into your chopped salad.
For the dressing, I use my Low Syn Ranch dressing which is just 3 syns for the entire batch and it's an amazing dressing for salads or as a dip for vegetable crudites. I even love it with my perfect syn free chips. On this salad, it is just perfect.
For the salad leaves, I like to use a mixture of romaine (for crunch) and baby spinach, and then chopped baby cukes, chopped cherry tomatoes, red onion, chopped grapes and then some white beans, which add that little bit extra to this delicious salad.
Love to tuck into a yummy salad bowl like this Tuscan Chicken Salad? Check out some of these other salad recipes:
- Tuna Avocado Salad
- Peanut Chicken Noodle Salad Bowl
- Chicken, Feta and Strawberry Salad
- Slimming World Tuna Pasta Salad
- Low Syn Seafood Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Watermelon and Feta Salad
- Tuna Mayo Salad
- Low Syn Curried Chicken Rice Salad Bowl
- Chopped Chicken Salad
- Syn Free Healthy Potato Salad
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 700+ delicious Slimming World recipes.
TO MAKE THIS YUMMY TUSCAN CHICKEN SALAD, YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING KITCHEN ITEMS:
- Non Stick Frying Pan
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Large mixing bowl
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date with all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Tuscan Chicken Salad | Slimming World
Yield 2 servings
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 0.5 syns per serving
- WW Smart Points - 1 per serving (when using Chicken Breast)
- 1.5 cups of mixed baby leaves
- 1.5 cups of chopped romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 10 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 baby cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped red grapes
- 1 cup of white beans, canned (cannellini or Northern beans)
- 1 cup of chopped grapes
- ⅓ of batch Low syn Ranch Dressing- 1 syn * click for recipe
for the chicken:
- 4 chicken thighs or 300g/10.5oz of chicken breast, chopped into bitesize pieces
- ½ tsp of paprika
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of dried rosemary
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- little lemon zest
- cooking oil spray
- Add the chicken to a bowl with the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, salt, black pepper and lemon zest and spray with spray oil.
- Mix to coat.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium-high heat with cooking oil spray and fry till golden and cooked through, set aside
- Add the baby leaves, romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, grapes, beans and chicken to a large bowl, drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide among two bowls, serve and enjoy!!
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 88 mg
Sodium 424 mg
Total Carbohydrates 42.1 g
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
Sugars 21.4 g
Protein 47.2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.