Simple but delicious Tuscan Chicken Salad with white beans and a yummy Ranch dressing.
On day's when I fancy a salad, this is one of my go to recipe, it is quick to make but packed with flavour.
I love chopped salads, if you add a variety of different components it can be a taste explosion with each mouthful.
Every time I make a salad I stick to this general rule - protein, greens, something sweet (usually fruit), something for crunch (either homemade croutons or something like seeds) or a pulse/grain, other vegetables of choice that I fancy and then, of course, there has to be a dressing.
For the chicken in this salad, you can use either breast or thigh meat. For the seasoning, I just simple ingredients - salt, black pepper, paprika, a little rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, and lemon zest and you are good to go. All you then have to do is pan fry till golden and mix into your chopped salad.
For the dressing, I use my Ranch dressing h and it's an amazing dressing for salads or as a dip for vegetable crudites. I even love it with my perfect chips. On this salad, it is just perfect.
For the salad leaves, I like to use a mixture of romaine (for crunch) and baby spinach, and then chopped baby cukes, chopped cherry tomatoes, red onion, chopped grapes and then some white beans, which add that little bit extra to this delicious salad.
Love to tuck into a yummy salad bowl like this Tuscan Chicken Salad? Check out some of these other salad recipes:
- Tuna Avocado Salad
- Peanut Chicken Noodle Salad Bowl
- Chicken, Feta and Strawberry Salad
- Slimming Eats Tuna Pasta Salad
- Seafood Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Watermelon and Feta Salad
- Tuna Mayo Salad
- Curried Chicken Rice Salad Bowl
- Chopped Chicken Salad
- Healthy Potato Salad
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 700+ delicious Slimming Eats recipes.
TO MAKE THIS YUMMY TUSCAN CHICKEN SALAD, YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING KITCHEN ITEMS:
- Non Stick Frying Pan
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Large mixing bowl
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date with all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 1.5 cups of mixed baby leaves
- 1.5 cups of chopped romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 10 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 baby cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped red grapes
- 1 cup of white beans, canned (cannellini or Northern beans)
- 1 cup of chopped grapes
- ⅓ of batch Ranch Dressing- * click for recipe
- for the chicken:
- 4 chicken thighs or 300g/10.5oz of chicken breast, chopped into bitesize pieces
- ½ tsp of paprika
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of dried rosemary
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- little lemon zest
- cooking oil spray
- Add the chicken to a bowl with the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, salt, black pepper and lemon zest and spray with spray oil.
- Mix to coat.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium-high heat with cooking oil spray and fry till golden and cooked through, set aside
- Add the baby leaves, romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, grapes, beans and chicken to a large bowl, drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide among two bowls, serve and enjoy!!
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 358Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0.6gCholesterol 88mgSodium 424mgCarbohydrates 42.1gFiber 9.1gSugar 21.4gProtein 47.2g