Delicious Stove Top Low Syn Pulled Pork in an amazing BBQ Sauce and ready in less than 40min from start to finish.
Traditionally Pulled Pork is slow cooked, it is that process that allows it to be easily shred with forks and then swirled in an amazing smokey BBQ sauce.
Pulled Pork is hugely popular on this side of the atlantic, whatever type of dish you can imagine, you can pretty much bet, there will be a pulled pork version.
I originally bought the pork for this recipe to make my Slow Cooker Pulled Pork. But got so sidetracked with other things I forget to put the meat and ingredients in my slow cooker and it was too late by that time to do the full slow cooked process, so figured I'd try a quick stove top version. I'd already made my Low Syn Coleslaw, so I couldn't do without the main part, right?
This worked amazing well, the sauce was sooo good and I have plenty left too which is going into another recipe for you all very soon, so watch this space.
Because the Stove Top Low Syn Pulled Pork isn't slow cooked, you won't get the same shredding with forks. I remove the meat to a chopping board and shred with a sharp knife and then shred apart with two forks before adding back to the sauce.
I serve with syn free chips, a mixed crisp lettuce salad and my homemade Low Syn Coleslaw. Delicious!!
This recipe is inspired by Melissa Joulwan's - Stove Top Pork Carnitas
Extra Easy - 1 syn per serving
Original - 1 syn per serving
WW Smart Points - 8
Paleo - use coconut aminos
Gluten Free - use Tamari
- 1 cup (240ml) of passata
- 1 cup (240ml) of water
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (4 syns)
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce (or tamari/coconut aminos)
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of chilli powder
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1kg (2.25lbs) of pork tenderloin or pork shoulder (fat removed), sliced into big size pieces
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper
- Add the pork and red onion to a large deep frying pan.
- Add in all the sauce ingredients and mix to coat
- Place on a medium high heat and bring to a boil, as it starts to bubble reduce heat to medium and allow it to continue to simmer (no lid) for 30 mins.
- The sauce will reduce down and thicken and the meat goes lovely and tender.
- (Do not stir while cooking, let it do it's work)
- If the sauce looks like it is reducing too much just add a little more drop of water.
- When finished cooking time, remove meat onto a board, shredded with a sharp knife and return back to the sauce.
- Season with salt and black pepper as needed
- Serve with your choice of sides
- Great with mylow syn coleslaw
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full