Yummy Beef Lasagne - amazingly rich beef sauce in between layers of pasta and sweet potato, all finished off with a delicious healthier bechamel white sauce and melted cheese.
The Best Slimming World Beef Lasagne
When it comes to lasagne, only the real deal will do in my house and my families favourite is this delicious recipe right here.
Best of all it has a proper lower calorie bechamel sauce, but none of those unpleasant topping ingredients like of egg, yoghurt or quark.
I mean come on, why would you want to ruin a perfectly good lasagne by topping it with something like that, when you can make it likes this and still low calories too.
Beef and Sweet Potato Lasagne
This delicious lasagne has layers of rich bolognese sauce, with sweet potato slices, lasagne sheets and smokey bacon as well as that delicious cheesy topping.
It's perfect to enjoy just as it is or paired with a mixed salad of your choice or some steam veggies if you prefer.
More Pasta Bakes
Love pasta bakes? Check out these other Slimming Friendly Recipes.
- Roasted Butternut Squash Zucchini Pasta Bake
- Bolognese Pasta Bake
- Sloppy Joe Pasta Bake
- Pulled Pork Pasta Bake
- Mexican Pasta Bake
- Chicken, Broccoli and Cauliflower Pasta Bake
- Creamy Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Sausage and Bean Pasta Bake
- Salmon and Leek Pasta Bake
- Tuna Pasta Bake
- Chicken Bacon and Tomato Pasta Bake
- Best Ever Bolognese Pasta Bake
- Creamy Chicken Mushroom Tomato Pasta Bake
or if you would like more recipe ideas - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes all with estimated calories and you can search by ingredients, course, diet and more...
All with estimated calories and Slimming friendly
How can I add more vegetables to this Yummy Beef Lasagne?
There are some vegetables included in the lasagne, but I always like to pair this up with a mixed salad. Serve in the middle of the table for everyone to dig into and add some to their plate.
All kinds of salad vegetables are perfect – baby greens, crisp lettuce, cucumber, carrot, peppers, tomatoes, onion, radishes and beetroot etc
Hey, and I know potatoes are not a vegetables. But sometimes you just want Lasagne AND chips right? and so I have the recipe for PERFECT Homemade Oven Chips.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your
Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 400g/14oz of extra lean beef mince (or swap for lentils or a meat subtitute)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 slices of lean back bacon or Canadian bacon
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 4 mushrooms chopped
- 600g (21oz) tin of chopped plum tomatoes or passata
- 600g sweet potato, peeled and sliced into rounds
- pinch of fresh herbs (thyme, oregano, sage, rosemary)
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 cup (240ml) of beef or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste (puree)
- cooking oil spray
- 100g (3.5oz) of mozzarella cheese, grated or torn into pieces
- 15g (0.5oz) of parmesan cheese, grated
- approx 6 sheets of oven ready lasagne sheets (can use gluten free) - may need more or less depending on size of your dish
- salt and black pepper
for the cheese sauce
- 1.25 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 300ml of 1% milk
- 15g (0.5oz) of parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f
- Spray a frying pan with some cooking oil spray and cook the bacon with a pinch of cinnamon until golden,
- Add the onions, garlic, carrot and herbs and fry for a further few minutes, making sure it is all mixed together.
- Add the beef mince and cook till browned.
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, tomato paste, stock and the balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low, cover and simmer for approx 30 mins
- Peel and slice the sweet potato, sprinkle with some paprika, chilli powder and spray oil and bake in the oven until tender. (approx 30 mins)
- When the sweet potato is almost done, you can make the cheese sauce.
- Add the milk and cornstarch to a small saucepan over a medium high, constantly stirring until it comes to a boil and thickens. Add the 15g of parmesan cheese and continue to stir until cheese is melted into sauce, season with salt and black pepper.
- Using a square lasagne dish. Add half the meat mixture and then 3 lasagne sheets, then layer with the sweet potato slices. Repeat with another layer of meat sauce and then again top with 3 lasagne sheets.
- Pour over the top the cheese sauce and sprinkle with the 100g of mozzarella and 15g of parmesan.
- Turn oven up to 200c or 400f and bake for approx 30 mins, until cheese has melted and is golden.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
Please see below for recipe values:
This recipe is gluten free friendly (see notes)
- Slimming World – 1 Healthy Extra A and 0.5 syns per serving
- WW Personal Points - 11+ per serving (swap the sweet potato for slices of butternut squash or you can just omit) - (add ingredients to your WW diary for points value - as this may vary depending on your personal points zero foods)
- Gluten Free - use gluten free lasagne sheets and stock
Even Lighter version: use 98% fat free ground chicken or turkey
Can this be frozen? Yes - I recommend freezing a portion before the baking stage for best results, defrost fully and then bake in oven as per recipe.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Nutritional information, Slimming World syn values and WW points etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
Slimming Eats is in no way connected, affiliated or endorsed by Slimming World or Weight Watchers. We recommend that you consult with a Slimming World or WW Consultant to verify accuracy of values at a group meeting or through an online subscription to those plans.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 578Total Fat 14.7gSaturated Fat 8.2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 167mgCarbohydrates 62.6gFiber 9.4gSugar 28.3gProtein 43.9g
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information