Yummy Beef Lasagne - amazingly rich beef sauce in between layers of pasta and sweet potato, all finished off with a delicious healthier bechamel white sauce and melted cheese.
The Best Slimming World Beef Lasagne
When it comes to lasagne, only the real deal will do in my house and the family favourite is my own adaption of this delicious Jamie Oliver.
I first sampled this lasagne many years ago at a dinner party and have been making my own healthier version ever since, which was long before I even embarked on my Slimming Journey.
Best of all it's hardly uses any syns and come with a proper white sauce, none of this topping of egg, yoghurt or quark business.
I mean come on, why would you want to ruin a perfectly good lasagne by topping it with something like that, when you can make it likes this and for hardly any syns.
Almost Syn Free Beef Lasagne
I could understand it if you were saving yourself half your daily syns or so, but it's just 0.5 syns per serving with your Healthy Extra A choice, so really not something to be worrying about.
As always with many of my recipes, this can also be made gluten-free, as no flour is used in the white sauce, just make sure you use gluten-free pasta sheets. Which are now readily available from most places.
I always use oven-ready pasta sheets, that way they don't need to be softened prior to cooking and it saves even more time.
You could also make a vegetarian version of this, by omitting the bacon and swapping out the beef mince (ground beef) for lentil or a ground meat replacement like Quorn.
Love cheesy pasta bakes like this Slimming World Lasagne? Check out some of these other pasta bake recipes:
- Syn Free Roasted Butternut Squash Zucchini Pasta Bake
- Bolognese Pasta Bake
- Syn Free Sloppy Joe Pasta Bake
- Pulled Pork Pasta Bake
- Syn Free Mexican Pasta Bake
- Chicken, Broccoli and Cauliflower Pasta Bake
- Low Syn Creamy Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Low Syn Sausage and Bean Pasta Bake
- Salmon and Leek Pasta Bake
- Syn Free Tuna Pasta Bake
- Chicken Bacon and Tomato Pasta Bake
- Syn Free Best Ever Bolognese Pasta Bake
- Creamy Chicken Mushroom Tomato Pasta Bake
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 850 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc.
How can I add a ⅓ speed foods to this Yummy Low Syn Beef Lasagne?
There are some speed foods included in the lasagne, but I always like to pair this up with a mixed salad. Serve in the middle of the table for everyone to dig into and add some to their plate.
All kinds of salad vegetables are perfect – baby greens, crisp lettuce, cucumber, carrot, peppers, tomatoes, onion, radishes and beetroot etc
Hey, and I know potatoes are not a speed food. But sometimes you just want Lasagne AND chips right? and so I have the recipe for PERFECT Syn Free Chips.
Kitchen Items used for this Low Syn Beef Lasagne:
- Square Oven Proof Dish
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowls
- Frying Pan
- Chopping Board
- Santoku Knife
- Baking Tray
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 400g/14oz of extra lean beef mince (or swap for lentils or a meat subtitute)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 slices of lean back bacon or Canadian bacon
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 4 mushrooms chopped
- 600g/21oz tin of chopped plum tomatoes or passata
- 600g sweet potato, peeled and sliced into rounds
- pinch of fresh herbs (thyme, oregano, sage, rosemary)
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch chilli powder
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1 cup (240ml) of beef or vegetable stock
- 1 tbs of balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs of tomato paste (puree)
- cooking oil spray
- 100g/3.5oz of mozzarella cheese, grated or torn into pieces - 2 HEa's
- 15g/0.5oz of parmesan cheese, grated - ½ HEa
- approx 6 sheets of oven ready lasagne sheets (can use gluten free) - may need more or less depending on size of your dish
- salt and black pepper
for the cheese sauce
- 1.25 tablespoons of cornstarch - 2 syns
- 300ml of 1% milk - 1 HEa
- 15g/0.5oz of parmesan cheese, grated - ½ HEa
- salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f
- Spray a frying pan with some cooking oil spray and cook the bacon with a pinch of cinnamon until golden,
- Add the onions, garlic, carrot and herbs and fry for a further few minutes, making sure it is all mixed together.
- Add the beef mince and cook till browned.
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, tomato paste, stock and the balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low, cover and simmer for approx 30 mins
- Peel and slice the sweet potato, sprinkle with some paprika, chilli powder and spray oil and bake in the oven until tender.(approx 30 mins)
- When the sweet potato is almost done, you can make the cheese sauce.
- Add the milk and cornstarch to a small saucepan over a medium high, constantly stirring until it comes to a boil and thickens. Add the 15g of parmesan cheese and continue to stir until cheese is melted into sauce, season with salt and black pepper.
- Using a square lasagne dish. Add half the meat mixture and then 3 lasagne sheets, then layer with the sweet potato slices. Repeat with another layer of meat sauce and then again top with 3 lasagne sheets.
- Pour over the top the cheese sauce and sprinkle with the 100g of mozzarella and 15g of parmesan.
- Turn oven up to 200c or 400f and bake for approx 30 mins, until cheese has melted and is golden.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World – 1 HEa and 0.5 syns per serving
- WW Green Smart Points - 11 per serving (swap the sweet potato for slices of butternut squash or you can just omit)
- WW Blue Smart Points - 11 per serving (swap the sweet potato for slices of butternut squash or you can just omit)
- WW Purple Smart Points - 11 per serving (swap the sweet potato for slices of butternut squash or you can just omit)
- Gluten Free - use gluten free lasagne sheets and stock
- Vegetarian - 1 HEa and 0.5 syns per serving (omit all meat and sub with green/brown canned lentils or quorn - use Italian Style Hard Cheese instead of parmesan)
Even Lighter version: use 98% fat free ground chicken or turkey
Can this be frozen? Yes - I recommend freezing a portion before the baking stage for best results, defrost fully and then bake in oven as per recipe.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided only.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 583Total Fat 14.4gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 87mgSodium 810mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 7.4gSugar 18.8gProtein 42.4g
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information