Chicken Bacon and Tomato Pasta Bake - one of the best family-friendly pasta bakes EVER and Slimming Friendly too at just 518 calories per serving!!
Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake
This was one of those recipes that kind of came about by accident. You know the ones I mean right? The ones where you look in your fridge for inspiration for dinner, grab a few ingredients, mix together and voila a meal.
Sometimes those creations can be a disaster, but then there are times when the end result is so delicious, you want to make it again the next day.
I mean you can't really go wrong with bacon, chicken, tomatoes, pasta and cheese. Well, you possibly could, but you'd have to really try.
This is a real family pleaser and one I go back to again and again, as I know my whole family love it.
More Pasta Recipes
Looking for some other pasta bake recipes? Check out these:
- Roasted Butternut Squash Zucchini Pasta Bake
- Sloppy Joe Pasta Bake
- Pulled Pork Pasta Bake
- Mexican Pasta Bake
- Chicken, Broccoli and Cauliflower Pasta Bake
- Creamy Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Sausage and Bean Pasta Bake
- Salmon and Leek Pasta Bake
- Tuna Pasta Bake
- Chicken Bacon and Tomato Pasta Bake
- Best Ever Bolognese Pasta Bake
or if you would like more recipe ideas - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes all with estimated calories and you can search by ingredients, course, diet and more..
Vegetable Sides for Pasta Bakes
There are some vegetables including in the pasta bake, but I like to pair this up with a big mixed salad, such as the following
- Baby Leaves
- Julienne Carrots
- Red Onion
But choose your favourite salad items to pair this with.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 200g (7oz) of penne or fusilli pasta (can use gluten free)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 3 slices of lean bacon sliced into small pieces
- 2 chicken breasts (skin and fat removed) cut into bitesize pieces (approx 350g/12.5oz)
- 1 courgette (zucchini), finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 7 button mushrooms, sliced
- 480ml (2 cups) of passata
- 240ml (1 cup) of chicken stock
- Handful of cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Splash of Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste (puree in the uk)
- 2 teaspoons of Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to season
- 120g (4oz) of cheddar or can use mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 200c, 180c fan, 400f or gas mark 6
- Place pasta into a saucepan of boiling hot water and cook until al dente, drain and rinse with cold water to prevent from cooking further, in the meantime follow step below.
- Spray a frying pan with some spray oil add, the chicken and cook until golden brown and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and bacon and brown for 2 mins.
- Add all other vegetables and cook for a further 5 mins
- Add the passata, stock, balsamic vinegar, Tabasco, tomato puree and oregano and bring to the boil then reduce the heat. Simmer, covered for about 20 mins .
- Add the mixture to a casserole dish, along with the pasta and chicken, season with salt and pepper and top with cheddar, then bake in the oven for approx 30mins until the cheese on top is melted and golden.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 518Total Fat 16.2gSaturated Fat 7.2gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 56mgSodium 496mgCarbohydrates 44.6gFiber 7.2gSugar 11.9gProtein 44.7g
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.