Yum! What's not to love about this Creamy Vegetable Pasta Bake - delicious vegetables in a creamy tomato sauce topped with melted cheese goodness.
My family love pasta bakes. So it is a dish I create often, varying it up pretty much every time. It's an easy way to hide some vegetable for the kids.
One of our family favourite combinations is This Creamy Vegetable Pasta Bake. It's really delicious and the kids love the mixed colours of the tricoloured bows I use.
Any pasta will work fine in this dish, so use whatever you have on hand. But the tricoloured bows look really pretty in this pasta bake.
Vegetables such as zucchini and mushrooms in a creamy sauce with peas and sweetcorn topped with fresh tomatoes and melted mozzarella and fresh basil. Delicious!!
It is such a versatile recipe, that you can switch up the vegetable each time you make it.
You will also find various Pasta Bake recipes on here to choose from.
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 😊
- 250g (9oz) of uncooked pasta (can use gluten free pasta) - I used tri-coloured pasta bows.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small courgette (zucchini), chopped
- 100g of mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 cup (240ml) of passata
- 1 cup (240ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar (2 syns)
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- chilli flakes (optional if you like a bit of heat)
- ⅓ cup (80ml) of sweetcorn
- ⅓ cup (80ml) of peas
- couple of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of mixed Italian herbs
- 8 Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles (2 HEa)
- 1 medium sized ripe tomato, sliced
- 100g (3.5oz) of mozzarella cheese (2 HEa)
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Spray a frying pan with olive oil spray, add the onion, garlic, mushrooms and courgette and cook until softened over a medium heat.
- Add the passata, chicken stock, basil, balsamic vinegar, sugar and sprinkling of chilli flakes. Bring to the boil and then simmer for approx 10 mins. Add a little more water if needed, if the sauce reduces too much.
- Add the laughing cow to a bowl and add to in a few spoonfuls of the sauce. Whisk until smooth. Pour this back into the sauce and stir until it is all mixed in. Season with some salt and pepper as needed.
- In the meantime, add your pasta to a saucepan of hot water and cook till Al Dente (avoid overcooking, you want the pasta to still have a bite to it).
- Add the pasta to the sauce, along with the peas and sweetcorn and mix all ingredients together
- Transfer pasta mix to a ovenproof dish.
- Top with the slices of tomatoes and the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven till cheese has melted and is golden. Approx 20-30 mins
- Serve with a side salad.
This recipe is gluten free, Vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 1 HEa and 0.5 syns per serving
- WW Smart Points - 11 per serving
- Gluten Free - use gluten free stock and pasta
SUITABLE FOR FREEZING
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 424Total Fat 8.3gSaturated Fat 4.2gCholesterol 31.4mgSodium 799.5mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 3.3gSugar 8.1gProtein 22.1g