What better way to use up some leftover Sloppy Joes mix than in this delicious Sloppy Joe Pasta Bake
My family love a good pasta bake. They are such an easy uncomplicated meal that you can all dig into and enjoy.
Any kind of leftovers can be combined with some pasta and topped with some cheese to be baked in the oven for a delicious pasta bake. It's a great way to use up leftovers of meat when there isn't enough to serve the whole family. Bulking it out with some pasta and maybe even some more vegetables and some sauce if it is needed, turns some leftovers, into a filling and hearty family meal.
My kids love Sloppy Joes, something I hadn't even heard of until I worked in the US back in 2000. It is now a regular dish in my house. So simple to make, yet really tasty.
I love to cook up a big batch, as the leftovers can be used up in various ways. Serve in whole wheat buns, top on a baked jacket potato or sweet potato. You can even serve with the Perfect Syn Free Fries. But my favourite dish using Sloppy Joes leftovers is making this Sloppy Joe Pasta Bake.
I just stir some into some cooked pasta (I like penne, but any pasta will work), top with a little bit of passata, just to give it a bit more sauce. Season with salt and pepper and then I top with cheddar and mozzarella. Baked in a hot oven until the cheese is all melted and golden. Delish!!
I don't serve many sides to go with this, as it's pretty filling. A simple salad of some baby mixed greens is plenty or if you don' t fancy salad serve alongside some other vegetables of your choosing.
Use a gluten free pasta of choice and this dish can be gluten-free. Just ensure the ingredients you use to make the sloppy joe mix are all gluten free too.
So next time you make up some of my Syn Free Sloppy Joes, make this delicious Sloppy Joe Pasta Bake with the leftovers.
Looking for some more recipes to try? – Previously on Slimming Eats
- 1 year ago: Creamy Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- 2 years ago: Asian Chicken Meatballs
- 4 years ago: Double Baked Smoked Mackerel Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 5 years ago: Sausage and Tomato Pasta
- 6 years ago: Tuna Pasta Bake
- 7 years ago: Fajita Chicken Pasta
- 8 years ago: Bacon, Mushroom and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
or head on over to my Recipe Index were you will find over 700+ delicious Slimming World Recipes.
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- approx 3.5 cups of leftover Sloppy Joes mix (click for recipe)
- 1 cup (240ml) of passata
- 300g (10.5oz) of uncooked pasta (I used penne)
- salt and black pepper
- 50g (2oz) of mozzarella - 1 HEa
- 30g (1oz) of cheddar - 1 HEa
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add pasta to a saucepan of boiling hot water and cook till al dente
- Drain and then mix with the sloppy Joe mix.
- Add to an oven proof dish.
- Spoon the passata over the top.
- Season with a little salt and black pepper
- Top with the grated cheese
- Bake in the oven for approx 30 mins, till cheese is all melted and lightly golden.
- Serve with a mixed salad (or other sides of choice)
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. You should always double check syn values for synned items.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 527Total Fat 10.2gSaturated Fat 4.6gCholesterol 75.8mgSodium 499mgCarbohydrates 72.5gFiber 3.5gSugar 8.1gProtein 37.4g