Low Syn Creamy Chicken Mushroom Tomato Pasta Bake - rustle up this amazing tasty pasta bake for dinner this week and impress the whole family.
As a family we love pasta bakes, it's a great way to combine ingredients and kids, as well as adults, love that delicious golden cheesy topping.
Even better than just a pasta bake is a Creamy Chicken Mushroom Tomato Pasta Bake. I mean come on, what's not to like about a yummy cream sauce.
Sometimes it can be rather daunting trying to put together ingredients for a delicious creamy sauce that is low in syns. Yes there is the option to use Quark which is syn free, but really it's not creamy. So instead I use light cream cheese, is low enough in syns that when divided up it doesn't use up too much of your daily syn allowance and you still have all that HEa to get that yummy melted cheese topping.
For the chicken I like to use Chicken thighs, chicken thigh will always stay more tender in a recipe like this and take on more of the flavours. That is not to say you can't use chicken breast if that is what you prefer, it's just something to bear in mind.
Want some more delicious Pasta Bakes like this Creamy Chicken Mushroom Tomato Pasta Bake, check out these:
- Syn Free Roasted Butternut Squash Zucchini Pasta Bake
- Syn Free Sloppy Joe Pasta Bake
- Pulled Pork Pasta Bake
- Syn Free Mexican Pasta Bake
- Chicken, Broccoli and Cauliflower Pasta Bake
- Low Syn Creamy Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Low Syn Sausage and Bean Pasta Bake
- Salmon and Leek Pasta Bake
- Syn Free Tuna Pasta Bake
- Chicken Bacon and Tomato Pasta Bake
- Syn Free Best Ever Bolognese Pasta Bake
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 850+ delicious Slimming World Recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value etc
How can I add a ⅓ speed foods to this Creamy Chicken Mushroom Tomato Pasta Bake?
There are the onion and mushrooms in this dish that will count towards your ⅓ speed foods and to increase those even further, I like to serve pasta bakes with a yummy healthy mixed salad - usually of baby greens, cucumber and beetroot, but you can add plenty more into there too, such as radishes, peppers, onion etc.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Creamy Chicken Mushroom Tomato Pasta Bake?
- Oven proof dish
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Jug
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Frying Pan
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 200g (7oz) of uncooked pasta of choice
- 300g (10.5oz) of boneless chicken thigh, sliced into bitesize pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 250g (9oz) of mushrooms
- 2 tbs of tomato paste (puree)
- pinch of thyme
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- splash of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 480ml (2 cups) of chicken broth
- 5 tbs of low fat cream cheese - 6 syns
- salt and black pepper
- 100g (3.5oz) of mozzarella - 2 HEa's
- salt and black pepper
- cooking oil spray
- Add the pasta to a saucepan of boiling hot water and cook until al dente, drain and set aside.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium-high heat with cooking oil spray.
- Add the chicken and onion and fry until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and fry for a few additional moments.
- Add in the tomato paste, thyme, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, cream cheese and stock and stir until the cream cheese is all melted into a creamy sauce that coats the chicken and mushrooms.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f
- Add the pasta to an oven proof dish, add in the chicken with creamy sauce and mix to combine.
- Top with the mozzarella and bake in the oven for approx 30 mins until the cheese on top is melted and lightly golden.
- Optional: sprinkle with some chopped fresh parsley
- Serve and enjoy!!
This recipe is Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1.5 syns and ½ HEa per serving
- WW Smart Points - 10 per serving
Double check the syn value of the low fat cream cheese you use, as different brands can vary in syn value.
If not using your HEa towards the cheese add 3.5 syns per serving
*suitable for freezing
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 396Total Fat 9.9gSaturated Fat 4.5gCholesterol 81mgSodium 815mgCarbohydrates 47.8gFiber 1.6gSugar 5.6gProtein 29.9g