Delicious Syn Free Stuffed Eggplant with ground beef in a delicious tomatoey sauce topped with ricotta and mozzarella – heavenly.
Are you one of those people that often struggle with getting enough vegetables on your plate? One of the great ways to serve up delicious healthy vegetables is to stuff them with some delicious protein and top with cheese and these Syn Free Stuffed Eggplant with Ground Beef are absolutely amazing.
I’ve been adding ricotta to my shopping carts most weeks nowadays, it’s an amazing cheese to use as one of your Healthy Extra A choices, especially in recipes like:
- Syn Free Baked Garlic Mushroom and Ricotta Pasta
- Roasted Butternut Squash Ricotta Lasagne
- Syn Free Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells
So when I decided to bake and stuff an eggplant (aubergine), that I had to use up, I knew ricotta on top would be the perfect way to complete the dish.
Really this would be amazing stuffed with all kinds of different fillings from vegetarian based to chilli, chicken, whatever you feel like. But I choose to make an amazing spicy ground beef. Then once the eggplant was part baked, I scooped out some of the flesh to make a hollow boat, chopped up that flesh and adding that into the beef mixture too. Yummy!!
If you love eggplant (aubergine), there are heaps of other recipes on the blog featuring this delicious speed vegetable
- Roasted Aubergine and Tomato Soup with Parmesan Croutons
- Aubergine, Courgette, Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry
- Low Syn Aubergine Lasagne
- Chicken and Eggplant Curry
- Syn Free Roasted Vegetable Gratin
- Spicy Eggplant and Tomato Soup
- Low Syn Moussaka Meatballs
- Mediterranean Layered Bake
- Hoisin Eggplant and Edamame
- Eggplant and Pork Timbale
- Low Syn Moussaka
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE with over 800+ delicious Slimming World Recipes, all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value etc.
This Stuffed Eggplant with Beef and Ricotta would be perfect served just as it is with mixed green salad or for a more filling meal I went for some sauteed garlic spinach and this amazing Syn Free Mashed Potatoes.
How can I add a 1/3 speed foods to this Stuffed Eggplant with Beef and Ricotta?
As eggplant is the true star of this dish, the speed foods are totally covered, so if you want those syn free chips with this, go ahead. But you can never have enough speed foods, so feel free to add even more to your plate if you like.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Stuffed Eggplant with Beef and Ricotta?
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Syn Free Stuffed Eggplant with Beef and Ricotta
Yield 2 Servings
Delicious Syn Free Stuffed Eggplant with ground beef in a delicious tomatoey sauce topped with ricotta and mozzarella - heavenly
- 1 large eggplant/aubergine, stem removed and halved
- 250g of extra lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tsp of coriander
- pinch of cayenne
- 2 tbs of tomato paste (puree)
- 1/2 cup/120ml of beef stock
- 90g of ricotta - 1 HEa
- 50g of mozzarella, grated - 1 HEa
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f
- Season eggplant (aubergine) with some salt and black pepper. Spray the flesh side with cooking oil spray.
- Place flesh side down on a baking sheet line with parchment paper and bake in the oven for approx 30-35 mins until the eggplant is softened.
- While the Eggplant is baking in the oven, Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some cooking oil spray. Add the onion and fry until softened.
- Add in the ground beef, carrot and garlic and fry until the beef is browned.
- Add in the spices/seasoning, tomato paste and stock and simmer for 10 mins.
- Once the eggplant is ready, scoop out some of the flesh to create hollow boats. Chop up the remove flesh and stir this into the beef mixture. Season as needed with some salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the eggplant halves. Top evenly with the ricotta and mozzarella.
- Add to an oven proof dish and cover with foil, baked for 20 mins, then remove the foil, sprinkle with chopped parsley and bake for uncovered for 10 more mins.
- Serve and enjoy!!
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa per serving
- Original/SP - 1 HEa per serving
- WW Smart Points - 8 per serving
*suitable for freezing
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 17.1 g
Saturated Fat 8.9 g
Cholesterol 116 mg
Sodium 524 mg
Total Carbohydrates 28.8 g
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 42.7 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.