Sweet and Savoury roasted butternut squash combined with a creamy ricotta sauce for this delicious Roasted Butternut Squash Ricotta Lasagne.
I can't get enough of ricotta at the moment, it's heavenly, especially in pasta dishes like this Stuffed Spinach and Ricotta Pasta Shells.
Another favourite way to enjoy ricotta is on some crispy oven baked whole wheat toast, topped with defrosted frozen berries and a drizzle of honey. Oh, my it's delicious and feels so decadent. The best part of all is that ricotta can be enjoyed.
Butternut Squash is a perfect addition to any pasta dish. It can turn the basic of pasta sauces, into something velvety and delicious. Like in this Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese or this Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce.
It's one of my favourite vegetables, as it really is so versatile and pretty much goes with everything. Check out all these other Butternut Squash Recipes, if you need some inspiration of what to make with it.
In this Roasted Butternut Squash Ricotta Lasagne, we use a whole squash. The nose part, sliced into rounds and roasted, and then the bulb part cubed and roasted and used as part of the sauce mixed in with the ricotta for that amazing creaminess.
For the sauce part, you will need a blender. I use my Nutri Ninja Blender with Auto IQ. This blender is amazing. The auto IQ technology feature, mean it blends to a set pattern depending on what it is you are making. There is also an optional add-on for a food processor bowl, which is perfect for chopping and grating vegetables. Sauces and soups are literally so smooth, once complete in this amazing kitchen gadget.
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ VEGETABLES TO THIS ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH RICOTTA LASAGNE?
There is a whole butternut squash in the lasagne as well as some garlic and onion, but I also like to pair this up with a big mixed green salad, you can add anything else you like to that, like baby cucumbers, tomatoes, shredded carrot, beetroot, peppers, all those yummy vegetables that make a great salad.
You could also make some Perfect Chips to serve alongside it. My kids love chips with lasagne. Just try to ensure a ⅓ of your plate is made up of vegetables where possible.
TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS Roasted BUTTERNUT SQUASH RICOTTA LASAGNE YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING KITCHEN ITEMS.
- Non Stick Frying Pan
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Jug
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Blender or Immersion Stick Blender
- Baking Tray
- Square Lasagne Dish
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 1.2kg (2.6lbs) butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼teaspoon of ground sage
- salt and black pepper
- 6 oven-ready lasagne sheets
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup (240ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 270g (9.5oz) of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 30g (1oz) of parmesan cheese (or use a hard Italian style cheese) -
- cooking oil spray
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Peel butternut squash, then slice of the nose part, cut this into thin discs. Remove seeds from bulb part, and dice into small pieces and spread out on a baking tray's lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with the paprika, garlic powder and sage, season with salt and black pepper.
- Spray over the top with cooking oil spray and roast in the oven for approx 35-40 mins until softened.
- While the butternut squash is roasting. Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with cooking oil spray, add the onion and fry till softened. Add the garlic and fry for a further couple of mins. Remove from heat.
- Once butternut squash is ready, add the cube parts only to a blender with the stock and blend to a smooth sauce.
- Add this to the onion/garlic mix and then stir in the ricotta and egg, until well combine.
- Then you can layer the lasagne.
- Spray a square lasagne dish with cooking oil spray, add two lasagne sheets, then a half of the roasted butternut squash slices.
- Pour on a ⅓ of the ricotta sauce. add another two lasagne sheets, then the other half of the roasted butternut squash slices and another ⅓ of the ricotta sauce.
- Top with the final two lasagne sheets, and pour the remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven and bake for 20 mins. Then remove foil, sprinkle with fresh parsley and bake for another 10-15 mins until the cheese has melted and is lightly golden.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving (¼ of the lasagne)
Amount Per Serving Calories 377Total Fat 9.7gSaturated Fat 5.2gCholesterol 73mgSodium 311mgCarbohydrates 57.7gFiber 9.7gSugar 6.8gProtein 18.6g