Spaghetti with a Roasted Butternut Squash Sauce - this sauce is like the best thing ever!!
Seriously this sauce is so good, I have to stop myself from eating it all before it even hits the pasta. When you make a sauce that you could quite happily just eat on it's own with a spoon, you just know you are onto a good thing.
Something even better about this sauce is that it contains butternut squash, and you know what butternut squash is right? A speed food - yay!! So even more reason to smother your pasta with this goodness.
Sweet Roasted butternut squash, the lovely flavour or fresh sage (or rosemary), sweet paprika and some cheesy parmesan, such a beautiful flavour. To make the sauce lovely and smooth you can use either a stick immersion blender or a full blender.
I have an amazing new blender, which is awesome. I recently got an upgrade after I cracked the pitcher on the old one and OMG this blender seriously brilliant.
It is called the Ninja Blender Duo with Auto IQ technology which is pure genius. No more of that random guessing when to pulse, how long to blend for etc, you just hit the button and it blends exactly how it should all by itself. I was totally amazed and this sauce was so silky and smooth.
It is so brilliant, that I have now order the food processor accessory pack, with the grater etc.
I pour the sauce over spaghetti stir it all up and top with the remaining parmesan, but you can serve it over any pasta you like.
This Spaghetti with a Roasted Butternut Squash Sauce has speed foods in the sauce, but if you want to add some more with a side salad or some vegetables, then of course feel free to do so. The more speeds foods the better.
You could also make up a double batch of the sauce in advance and freeze it into handy portions, that way you have some on hand whenever you fancy a dish of this yummy Spaghetti with a Roasted Butternut Squash Sauce.
If you use a gluten free pasta like brown rice pasta (I find this the closest in taste and texture to regular pasta), then this will be gluten free and vegetarian friendly.
Just look at this delicious bowl of Spaghetti with a Roasted Butternut Squash Sauce - Yum!
- 600g/21oz of butternut squash (cubed)
- 250g/9oz of spaghetti (can use gluten free pasta)
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- few fresh sage leaves, finely chopped (or can use rosemary, different flavour to sauce, but both equally as good)
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 heaped tablespoons of fat free fromage frais
- 1 cup (240ml) of chicken or vegetable stock (hot)
- 90g/3oz of parmesan cheese (3xHEa's)
- Spray oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place the butternut squash in a bowl with the garlic, rosemary, paprika, season well with salt and black pepper and spray with some spray oil. Mix to evenly coat.
- Spread out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Roast in the oven until tender and slightly caramelised. (30 mins)
- Add the butternut squash to a blender, along with 2 heaped tablespoons of fat free fromage frais, chicken stock and half of the parmesan
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the spaghetti to a large saucepan of boiling hot water and cook until spaghetti is al dente. Reserve a little of the pasta water, then drain pasta, place back in the saucepan on a low heat and add roasted butternut squash sauce and reserved pasta water and toss to coat. until all heated through
- Divide among plates and sprinkle with chopped Italian parsley and the remaining parmesan.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Amount Per Serving Calories 541.3Total Fat 9.6gSaturated Fat 5.4gCholesterol 24.2mgSodium 905.5mgCarbohydrates 90.3gFiber 6.2gSugar 4.8gProtein 25.3g