Roasted Aubergine and Tomato Soup with Parmesan Crouton - one of the most tastiest vegetables combined with the lovely natural sweetness of fresh tomatoes in this Amazing Soup, perfectly completed with some crispy Parmesan Croutons, what more could one ask for.
Aubergine (Eggplant) is definitely up there as one of my favourite speed foods. When roasted it has a lovely texture and flavour and is delicious in a variety of different dishes, such as curries, rice, pasta etc.
This Roasted Aubergine and Tomato Soup are super easy to make. Just add the bulk of the ingredients to a roasting dish and roast in the oven till softened to bring out those lovely flavours of the vegetables and then all that's left to do is combine them with the stock and remaining ingredients to blend into a delicious smooth soup.
As it is, this Roasted Aubergine and Tomato Soup is totally syn free, but I like to take it to a whole other level, by serving it topped with some amazingly crispy Parmesan Toast Croutons. Seriously a mouthful of soup with one of those croutons is like a flavour explosion in your mouth.
There are so many other variations you can make on this too, serve with just a little-grated cheese on top, or some seasoned chickpeas, shredded protein like chicken or sausage is also delicious or you could even drizzle with a little light coconut milk (for a few syns) or fat-free yoghurt.
Hey, you can even use this Roasted Aubergine and Tomato Soup as a sauce over chicken, or stirred through some pasta. Endless possibilities or different meals you can make. I love recipes were they can be adapted like that.
To blend the soup so it's lovely and smooth. I use my Nutri Ninja Blender with Auto IQ. This blender is amazing. The auto IQ technology feature, mean it blends to a set pattern depending on what it is you are making. There is also an optional add-on for a food processor bowl, which is perfect for chopping and grating vegetables.
Any blender, including a stick immersion blender will work for blending this Roasted Aubergine and Tomato Soup.
Love aubergine (eggplant) and wondering what other recipes you can make with it? Check out these:
- Chicken and Eggplant Curry
- Spicy Eggplant and Tomato Soup
- Hoisin Eggplant and Edamame
- Eggplant and Pork Timbale
- Syn Free Roasted Vegetable Gratin
- Low Syn Moussaka Meatballs
- Aubergine, Courgette, Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry
- Low Syn Aubergine Lasagne
- Lamb and Mint Meatballs
- Low Syn Moussaka
and if you need more recipe ideas – Head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 500+ delicious Slimming World recipes to choose from and all are searchable by syn value, meal type, ingredients etc.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Roasted Aubergine and Tomato Soup?
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Deep Saucepan
- Baking Tray
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Roasted Aubergine and Tomato Soup | Slimming World
Yield 4 servings
- This recipe is Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 2.5 syns per serving or syn free without croutons
- Green - 2.5 syns per serving or syn free without croutons
- Original/SP - 2.5 syns per serving or syn free without croutons
- WW Smart Points - 1
*suitable for freezing
- 300g/10.5oz aubergine (eggplant), chopped
- 300g/10.5oz of cherry (or grape) tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (240ml) of passata
- 3.5 cups (840ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar
- pinch of dried thyme, fennel and basil
- 1 tbs of sweetener (I use sukrin) - optional
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
for the croutons
- 2 slices of low calorie whole wheat bread (approx 4 syns)
- 20g/0.7oz of parmesan, grated (4.5 syns)
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200c of 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place aubergine and tomatoes in an ovenproof dish, with a pinch of dried thyme, fennel and basil and spray over the top with some spray oil and a sprinkle of salt. Toss to coat.
- Roast in the oven until softened (approx 35-40 mins)
- Once roasted, spray a large saucepan with some spray oil
- Add the onion and garlic and fry until softened
- Add the roasted aubergines, tomatoes and paprika mix thoroughly to coat.
- Stir in the stock, passata, balsamic vinegar and sweetener and bring to the boil.
- Season as required with salt and black pepper
- Cover and simmer for approx 10 mins.
- In the meantime add the cubed whole wheat bread to a baking tray, spray over the top with spray oil and sprinkle over the top with the parmesan and bake in the oven until toast pieces are crispy and cheese has melted.
- Put soup through a blender and blend till smooth and ladle into 4 bowls, top with a few of the crispy parmesan croutons and some chopped fresh Italian parsley
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also, double-check syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2.1 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 4 mg
Sodium 345 mg
Total Carbohydrates 21.1 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 8.3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.