Low Syn Sausage and Tomato Pasta – a true family pleasing recipe with yummy sausages, peppers and the delicious natural sweetness of tomatoes.
The kids love sausages and there is quite a few low syn version out there to choose from, meaning you can easily make up this Sausage and Tomato Pasta any night of the week for an easy family-friendly dinner.
I recommend removing the skin of the sausages you use when making up this yummy pasta dish so that the meat part is more like a ground sausage, you could, of course, use extra lean ground pork too, but I find the sausage works better and tastes nicer. Extra Lean Ground Pork can have a tendency to be a bit dry because of the low-fat content.
For the sauce I use a combination of canned stewed tomatoes and tomato paste, it makes the sauce lovely and velvety and naturally sweet. Bell Peppers add some great additional speed that compliments the flavours of this dish really well, but you really could add in any vegetables you have on hand. Zucchini works really well, as does aubergine, carrots etc.
Whenever you cook pasta, a huge tip is to never discard all that pasta water because the starch that is released into the water as the pasta cooks will do something magical to your pasta sauce if you add in a few ladles. Trust me and give it a try, you won’t be disappointed.
Looking for some other recipes that use Low Syn Sausages? Check out some of these:
- Sausages and Mash with Syn Free Gravy
- Quick Breakfast in a Mug
- The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
- Sausage, Tomato and Spinach Pasta
- Low Syn One Pot Sausage and Lentil Casserole
- Low Syn Spicy Sausage and Veggies
- Breakfast Skillet
- Sausage, Balsamic Tomatoes and Onion with Orecchiette
- Low Syn Sausage and Bean Pasta Bake
- Breakfast Quiche
- Sausage Casserole
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX now with over 850+ delicious Slimming World recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn values etc
How can I add a 1/3 speed foods to this delicious Sausage and Tomato Pasta?
There are tomatoes, onions and peppers in this dish that will count towards your 1/3 speed foods, but I also like to serve alongside a mixed green salad, just to ensure my plate has much speed food as possible. Remember the more speed foods the more you will boost your weight loss. It doesn’t have to be at every meal, but whenever you can add extra speed foods to your plate, go for it. Check out my post on The Benefit of Speed Foods
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Sausage and Tomato Pasta?
- Frying Pan/Skillet
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Jug
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Low Syn Sausage and Tomato Pasta
Yield 4 servings
Low Syn Sausage and Tomato Pasta - a true family pleasing recipe with yummy sausages, peppers and the delicious natural sweetness of tomatoes.
- 9 small or 5 large low syn sausages, skin removed - approx 250g/9oz - 7.5 syns
- 1 tsp of sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of mixed herbs
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 400g/14oz tin of stewed tomatoes
- 3 tbs of tomato paste
- 1 cup/240ml of chicken stock
- 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar
- 250g/9oz of uncooked pasta of choice
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- Add the pasta to a saucepan of boiling hot water, cook until al dente, drain (but save some of the pasta water), set aside.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with cooking oil spray, add the sausage, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and mixed herbs.
- Fry until browned, remove and set aside.
- Add the onion and a little bit of water to deglaze the pan, Spray with some cooking oil spray and fry until translucent.
- Add in the garlic and peppers and fry for a couple of mins to soften.
- Add back in the sausage, stewed tomatoes, tomato paste balsamic vinegar and stock, bring to a boil and then simmer on a low heat for 10 mins
- Add in the pasta, chopped parsley and a few spoonfuls of the reserved pasta water and stir until the pasta is lovely and velvety. You can keep adding a bit more of the reserved pasta water if needed.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper.
This recipe is dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 2 syns per serving
- WW Smart Points - 9 per serving
*suitable for freezing
Sausages can vary in syn value, so adjust the syns to the ones you use.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7.9 g
Saturated Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 28 mg
Sodium 609 mg
Total Carbohydrates 64.2 g
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 19.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.