This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1.5 syns per serving
Green – use a vegetarian sausage (syns will vary)
NOTE: syns are just for the sausages in this recipe, so it will vary depending on the type you use.
- 6 low fat sweet Italian turkey sausages (6 syns)* - can use a vegetarian sausage
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini (courgette), grated
- 500g (17.5oz) of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (240ml) of stock
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Mediterranean herbs
- pinch of black pepper
- 250g (9oz) of uncooked pasta (can use gluten free)
- olive oil spray
- fresh Italian parsley
- Remove skins from the sausages, and then slice into chunks.
- Spray a large frying pan with olive oil spray and fry the sausage meat until lightly golden, remove and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and peppers and fry for about 5 mins
- Add the crushed tomatoes, stock, balsamic vinegar, herbs and black pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, add back the sausage and grated zucchini and simmer on low for approx 30 mins, sauce should reduce down and thicken.
- In the meantime, place you pasta into a saucepan of boiling hot water and cook till al dente. Drain and then stir into the sausage and tomato and stir to evenly mix.
- Serve topped with chopped Italian parsley.
- If you have a HEa spare, you can also top with the some grated Parmesan.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
per serving (without parmesan)
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.