Who doesn't love sausages and mash? and with my ever so popular syn free gravy, this is just delicious!!
One of the great things about Slimming World is the fact that it can be meals that the entire family can enjoy and this definitely is a family pleaser.
There is nothing more comforting that a good ole plate of sausages and mash. But you can't have sausages and mash without a rich lovely gravy and I have that sorted for you in this recipe with my delicious and extremely popular syn free gravy.
This gravy has been shared like crazy since I first posted it quite a few year ago now, and you will see many variations floating around. I always try to make sure I have at least one serving of the gravy on hand in my freezer. That's one of the great things about it, you can make up a big batch and freeze some handy portions in containers for days when you might need it.
The only tough part about this dish, is the sausages, well I say tough, but it isn't really, what I mean about tough is that the syns will vary greatly from one person to the next because the syn value to this recipe depends on what sausages you use.
The sausages I used were Turkey ones, that were 1 syn each, so it made it 2 syn per serving for me. I served the sausages and mash with carrot and potato mash which was delicious and syn free, but I have also done it with a bubble and squeak mash too, I have given directions for both below, they are great for an additional bit of speed.
Then for the veg, I served some sauteed zucchini (courgette) mixed in with some peas. A lovely combination.
Of course the choice of veg is entirely up to you with the Sausages and Mash. Mine are just suggestions for you.
But that aside you must make this syn free gravy. It really is the best!
come and follow me TO MAKE SURE YOU KEEP UP TO DATE ON ALL NEW RECIPES.
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
Need extra Support? Come check out my amazing Facebook Support Group
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- Syn Free Onion Gravy - click for recipe
- 8 low fat sausages (8 syns)
- 1 red onion, sliced
For Carrot and Potato Mash
- 400g (14oz) of white potato, peeled and cubed (I used yukons)
- 300g (10.5oz) of chopped carrot
- Chicken or vegetable stock
For Bubble and Squeak Mash (best made the night before)
- 400g of white potato, peeled and cubed (I used yukons)
- 300g of green cabbage leaves
- Chicken or vegetable stock
For the sausages:
- Spray a frying pan with spray oil and add the sausages and onion and cook until browned and golden.
- Add 2 sausages to each plate with some of the sauteed onions and pour over the top with the gravy, serve with the mash as preferred and your choice of veg. I served with sautéed courgettes (zucchini) and peas.
For the carrot and potato mash
- Add the potato (or swede) and carrot to a saucepan and just cover with stock. Bring to the boil and reduce heat and leave to simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Drain and mash until smooth.
For the bubble and squeak mash
- Add the potato (or swede) and cabbage to a saucepan and just cover with stock. Bring to the boil and reduce heat and leave to simmer until veg are tender.
- Drain and mash with a sprinkling of black pepper until smooth. If you make this the night before, you can then loosely form into patties and fry on a frying pan sprayed with spray oil over a medium high heat.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided only.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 320Total Fat 12.3gSaturated Fat 3.1gCholesterol 92.5mgSodium 1329.6mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 5.4gSugar 5.1gProtein 21.6g
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.