One Pan Spicy Sausage and Veggies - a delicious and healthy meal packed with speed foods and ready in 20 mins
You know those days when you are trying to keep the carbs low, want a quick meal, but one that is still tasty and doesn't leave you feeling like you are missing something? Well, this is just the dish.
Every week when we go grocery shopping, there are a few things that always go in my shopping cart as some of my favourites speeds foods - zucchini (courgette) and cabbage which I usually shred to add into stir-fries. If I don't buy cabbage then I grab handy bags of broccoli slaw.
You may be wondering what exactly is broccoli slaw? especially if it is not available where you are. It is literally just shredded broccoli stalks and carrots - some varieties will have shredded Brussels or cabbage in there too.
The shredded cabbage or kale slaw works perfectly in this Spicy Sausage and Veggies dish. The little pieces of shredded veggies satisfy my craving for noodles or similar while keeping my meal high in speed foods.
As well as the cabbage or kale slaw, I also use a little vegetable peeler to make perfect little ribbons of zucchini and carrot. They add a beautiful fleck of colour into this spicy sausage with veggies.
For the sausages in this dish, use a low syn sausage of your choice, you don't need to worry about sourcing a particular sausage, as this recipe is flavoured through all the yummy seasoning that we add to the dish.
I love the spiciness of this Spicy Sausage and Veggies, but of course, if you are not overly keen on hot dishes, you can omit the chilli or cayenne. It is just as delicious for such a simple dish.
Quick tasty meals, really do not need to be complicated, see how easy this Spicy Sausage and Veggies is to prepare and cook? and it's all good and healthy ingredients.
If you really can't do without the carbs, feel free to add some to this dish, - rice, noodles, pasta or how about some syn free chips, sweet potato fries or if you want to feel like you have the carbs, then these butternut squash fries.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Spicy Sausage and Veggies:
Looking for some similar dishes? Check out these:
- Apricot Chicken Meatballs
- Swedish Meatballs and Gravy
- Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Beef Teriyaki
- Apple and Red Onion Sausage Square
- Turkey Chilli Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
- Tomato and Mozzarella Hasselback Chicken
- SP Beef Zucchini Lasagne
- Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Pork and Collard Greens
or check out my FULL RECIPE INDEX for over 500+ delicious Slimming World recipes
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 3 low syn Sausages, sliced (4.5 syns)
- 1 onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage or broccoli slaw
- 2 small zucchini (courgette), sliced into thin ribbons using a peeler
- 2 small carrots, sliced into thin ribbons using a peeler
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- ½ cup (120ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of cayenne (optional)
- tablespoon of fresh chopped basil
- salt and pepper to season
- cooking oil spray
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some cooking oil spray and add the onion and fry to soften.
- Add the sausage and continue to fry until lightly golden.
- Add the cabbage (or slaw) and fry for a few mins to soften slightly.
- Stir in the carrot ribbons, zucchini ribbons, tomato paste, paprika, basil, garlic powder, cayenne, stock and simmer down tilll sauce is just coating the sausage and veggies.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- Serve and Enjoy
Sausages vary in syn value - so be sure to double check the syn value of the ones you use.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 247Total Fat 5.6gSaturated Fat 1.5gCholesterol 75mgSodium 935mgCarbohydrates 25.5gFiber 8.5gSugar 10.5gProtein 23.7g