Fajita Chicken Pasta
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 syn and 1 HEa per serving
Green – 1 syn and 1 HEa per serving (substitute the meat for more veg of your choice)
- 240g of rigatoni pasta
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips (or you can use beef or pork)
- 5 tablespoons of lime juice from a fresh lime
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 jalapeno pepper , finely chopped (seeds removed)
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar (1 syn)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (2 syns)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 courgette (zucchini), halved lengthways and sliced
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- couple of splashes of tabasco sauce
- Frylight or Pam spray
- to serve:
Fat Free Natural Yoghurt
- 90g of cheddar cheese (3 HEa’s)
- Freshly chopped coriander
Add to a mini food processor the lime juice, cumin, jalapeno, cayenne pepper, paprika, oregano, sugar, olive oil, crushed garlic and a little salt and blitz a few times until your have a paste. Add to the chicken and mix to coat thoroughly. Refrigerate for a few hours to marinade.
Cook the rigatoni until al dente, drain and set aside.
Spray a frying pan with some Frylight or Pam spray, over a medium high heat. Add the marinated chicken mixture and cook stirring occasionally until the chicken is browned, remove the chicken and set aside.
Add the peppers, onion,and courgette and stir constantly until the vegetables are nice and tender, but still crisp.
Add the chicken back to the pan
Add the tomato paste and a few splashes of tabasco sauce and simmer for a couple of mins.
Add the cooked pasta and mix together thoroughly. Top with some fresh chopped coriander.
Serve each portion topped with a HEa of cheddar and a side of fat free yoghurt.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information: