Today I was rushed for time, but had nothing prepared for lunch.
I figured some pasta would be the quickest to put together, but didn't have any meat of the freezer to add to it and didn't fancy my usual homemade tomato based sauces.
Mac and Cheese is usually really high in calories, cheese, butter, flour, milk, some even with cream and bread crumbs.
I decided to whip up a quick low syn cheese sauce and viola, my quick low syn Mac and Cheese was created.
It was really delicious served with a quick mixed salad of romaine lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes.
Lunch all ready in less than 20 mins!!
- 75g/2.5oz of macaroni pasta (can use gluten free)
- 45g/1.5oz of reduced fat cheddar
- ½ cup (120ml) of 1% milk - 2 syns
- 1 tsp of arrowroot powder (or tapioca flour/corn starch) - 0.5 syns
- teeny pinch of mustard powder
- salt and black pepper
- Spray oil
- Add pasta to a saucepan of salted boilng hot water and simmer for approx 10 mins, until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking add a little bit of the milk to the arrowroot and mix into a paste.
- Add the rest of the milk to a sauce pan over a medium heat with the paste, cheese and mustard and continue to stir until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens and becomes smooth.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain, and spray with a little spray oil, just to loosen.
- Then add to the sauce and mix together.
- Season with salt and black pepper as needed.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
Extra Easy – 1 HEa and 2.5 syns per serving
Green - 1 HEa and 2.5 syns per serving
WW Smart Points - 13
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.