Syn Free One Pot Speed Pasta - a perfect delicious quick meal for the whole family to dig in enjoy.
Today was one of those boring chore kind of days. You know the sort, washing basket piled high, kitchen a mess and just general housework needing to be done.
By the time I had worked through all that lot, it was already time to fetch the kids from the bus stop and with still a few jobs to get done around the house, dinner time had crept up on me, the kids were hungry and I had absolutely nothing prepared.
The kids requested pasta, so decided to throw a few ingredients together for a yummy one pot meal.
One Pot meals are my favourite thing for days like today, nice and quick and only one pan to wash up afterwards. Perfect!!!
The beauty of this One Pot Speed Pasta - is that it comes packed with veggies and can easily be varied, using whatever vegetables you have in your fridge or pantry.
Love One Pot Recipes? Check out some of these delicious ones below:
- ONE POT CUBAN STYLE RICE WITH SAUSAGE AND CHICKEN
- CREAMY ONE POT PORK PASTA
- ONE POT BEEF STROGANOFF PASTA
- SYN FREE ONE POT BEEF FAJITA PASTA
- ONE POT NEW ORLEANS CAJUN PASTA
- SYN FREE ONE POT CHEESEBURGER PASTA
- ONE POT LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN RICE
- LOW SYN ONE POT SAUSAGE AND LENTIL CASSEROLE
- ONE POT MARMITE MACARONI AND CHEESE
- SYN FREE ONE POT CAMPFIRE STEW
- ONE POT NANDO’S PERI PERI RICE
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 850 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc.
Got fussy kids? Grate the vegetables when adding them to this One Pot Speed Pasta, and they will hardly notice.
I also added some peas, because the kids love peas or corn in their pasta, don't most kids?
Plus I have a bit of an issue with dishes that don't have some sort of green added to them. I just think a meal looks healthier and fresher with some sort of green colour.
To remove the slight acidity of the tomato, I add a little sukrin: 1 (a natural sweetener with no aftertaste), you use any granulated sweetener of your choice, syn some honey or maybe syrup or even can omit if you prefer.
What pasta you use is entirely up to you, any shape will work - macaroni, penne, fettuccine. I just happened to use what I had one hand.
Kitchen Items used for this One Pot Veggie Pasta:
- Measuring Scales
- Chopping Board
- Measuring spoons
- Santoku Knife
- Le Creuset Cast Iron Casserole or use a Deep Frying Pan with Lid
- Measuring Cups or jug
- Wooden Spoon
Find me ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER | and YOUTUBE, come and follow me TO MAKE SURE YOU KEEP UP TO DATE ON ALL NEW RECIPES.
Syn Free One Pot Speed Pasta
Delicious Syn Free One Pot Speed Pasta – a perfect quick meal for the whole family to dig in enjoy.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves or garlic, crushed
- 150g (5.5oz) of finely diced carrot (or grated)
- 150g (5.5oz) of finely diced zucchini (or grated)
- ½ yellow pepper, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- ½ cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup (240ml) of passata or crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbs of tomato paste (puree)
- 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar
- ½ tbs of dried Italian Herbs
- 1 tbs of fresh chopped basil
- 250g (9oz) of uncooked pasta of choice
- 4 cups (960ml) of stock (vegetable or chicken)
- ½ tbs of sukrin: 1
- salt and black pepper to season
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Olive oil cooking spray (any low-calorie spray oil is fine)
- Spray a deep frying pan with spray oil over a medium high heat.
- Add the onion and carrot, plus a small pinch of salt and fry for approx 5 mins to soften, add in a little stock if needed to prevent sticking or burning
- Add in the garlic, basil and Italian herbs and fry for a further 1-2 mins.
- Stir in the pasta, chopped peppers, stock, passata, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar and sukrin: 1 and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 12-15 minutes, until stock reduces down and cooks the pasta. (add a little water if needed if pasta is still firm)
- When the pasta is almost cooked, stir in the peas and zucchini and heat till cooked.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Can also top with some cheese as part of your healthy extra A allowance.
This recipe is dairy free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - syn free per serving
- WW Flex/Freestyle Smart Points - 6 per serving
Variation: Add a bit of protein like cooked chicken or ground beef
*suitable for freezing
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 322Total Fat 1.3gSaturated Fat 0.0gSodium 746mgCarbohydrates 67gFiber 4.6gSugar 9.2gProtein 11.3g
Susan Kennard-Fanning says
I came across this looking for meat free Monday inspiration. My husband is a carnivore and pulled a face when I dished it up. I'm so glad I was sitting down when he said he really enjoyed it and reheated the leftovers for lunch!!!
Shevy (Slimming Eats) says
Awww that's lovely Susan, thanks for sharing that. I love hearing how my recipes can convert some to dishes they may not normally enjoy
Moira Fox says
Made this one pot speed pasta tonight as I really didn't want to cook!
It was, simple, quick and delicious! OH had to have seconds and asked if was the sort of thing that would work on holiday. It is!
I was a little concerned about cooking the pasta in the sauce as I have to use gluten free pasta but it worked very well.
Tracy Connor says
Made this for dinner tonight.....absolutely gorgeous!! Perfect comfort food for a dreary evening. Switched out courgette for green beans (because I didn't have any), and added left over sweetcorn. Perfect for lunch at work too, thanks for the recipe!!
Shevy (Slimming Eats) says
thanks, Tracy, glad to hear it was a hit.
Emily Young says
Hi, this may be a stupid question - but for the sweetener what would that be equivalent of in sugar? (for sweetness) I'm just trying to figure out an alternative for the sweeteners that I have available 🙂 I hope that makes sense!
Shevy (Slimming Eats) says
it's a like for like in this recipe, as sukrin is used in equal amounts to sugar - hope that helps 🙂 -
Just made this this evening and it is soooo good! Me and my daughter are both vegetarians - she loves pasta and it is a great way to get more veg into her! She wouldn’t usually eat courgette or peppers, but I used red peppers very finely chopped and grated the zucchini so they were well hidden in the tomatoey sauce. Will definitely be making this one again! I love your one pot pasta dishes.
Syn free one pot speed pasta. Awesome recipe and so easy. It’s delicious .......... and syn free. Wow
Absolutely beautiful. Everyone I have made this for also love it!