You will either LOVE or HATE this One Pot Marmite Macaroni and Cheese
If you are a fan of Nigella and her amazing recipes, you no doubt have heard of or even tried her Marmite pasta. It's certainly not for everyone, as if you do not like marmite, you are not going to like this dish.
We love it and it had been a while since I made it, but I have had this idea floating around in my head of making a Marmite Macaroni and Cheese, because if you have ever had a cheese toastie - a thin spreading of marmite on that sandwich is just amazing.
One thing I knew I just couldn't add to this dish was some speed veg. Okay I know we are recommended to have a ⅓ speed foods at every meal, but this is just one dish that should not be ruined with some added vegetables, so instead, I have a nice mixed salad on the side and can then enjoy this dish as it's meant to be enjoyed. By all means, add some veg if you wish, but Macaroni and Cheese really should be just that - Mac and Cheese.
I recommend using a strong cheddar for that flavour otherwise it will just disappear in this dish and not be noticeable. Avoid a white cheddar though or you won't get that colour you expect with Macaroni and Cheese.
For the pasta, you can use any pasta shape you wish, but as this is Marmite Macaroni and Cheese, I've used macaroni pasta. Those little-curled tubes are just perfect for that cheesy, marmite sauce.
Don't skip the butter, seriously if you do, you will regret it. Just imagine, hot toast, butter spread across the top and just as it melts, you then add a thin spread of marmite. Now imagine that without the butter. Just doesn't cut it, does it?
I use a tbs of marmite in this dish as we love marmite. Depending on how much of that marmite taste you love, you may want less, or you may want more. But please, please don't skip the butter. I know we like syn free dishes as much as possible, but this One Pot Marmite Macaroni and Cheese serves 4 people. That's hardly any syns when divided up.
Want some more One Pot dishes? Check out these:
- One Pot Creamy Zucchini Pasta
- One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta
- One Pot Shrimp Pasta
- Low Syn Instant Pot Bombay Lamb Curry
- Chana Masala
- Spicy Prawn and Vegetable Risotto
- Beef and Six Bean Chilli
- Mushroom Risotto
- One Pot Speed Pasta
- One Pot Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
or check out my FULL RECIPE INDEX for over 500+ delicious Slimming World recipes
Delicious One Pot Marmite Macaroni and Cheese - a quick meal for the whole family to dig in and enjoy!!
Find me ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER | and YOUTUBE, come follow me TO MAKE SURE YOU KEEP UP TO DATE ON ALL NEW RECIPES 🙂
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
One Pot Marmite Macaroni and Cheese
This recipe is vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendlyExtra Easy - 1 HEa and 1.5 syns per servingGreen/Vegetarian - 1 HEa and 1.5 syns per servingWW Smart Points - 12 (when divided in 5 servings)
- 250g (9oz) of macaroni pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of marmite (or adjust to taste)
- 3 cups (720ml) of boiling hot water
- 1 cup (240ml) of 2% milk (1 HEa)
- 90g (3.2oz) of strong cheddar (3xHEa's), grated
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the butter to a deep frying pan over a medium high heat, once melted add the marmite and stir till melted and smooth.
- Add the milk and whisk till combined.
- Add the pasta and water and bring to a boil, reduce heat slightly and allow to bubble uncovered, until liquid reduces down and pasta is cooked (approx 10-12 mins). Do not turn heat too low, liquid must bubble away to reduce down and cook the pasta.
- Add in the cheddar and keep stirring until the cheese melts and the sauce starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in the egg to prevent it from scrambling.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper. Serve with your choice of sides
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 489Total Fat 12.9gSaturated Fat 7.5gSodium 202mgCarbohydrates 69gFiber 2.1gSugar 3.2gProtein 20.8g
This is amazing! I accidentally ate 2 portions . You must try it if you love marmite
Love love LOVE THIS!
Very tasty. I have made this many times.
This is so good! I could have eaten the whole lot! Hahaha! Our 5-year old loved it, too. I’ll definitely be making this regularly
Very homey and hearty food. Served with some veggies and some homemade crispy kale! Very yummy! Will be making it again next week
Roni McGrath says
Can you freeze portions of this for later?
Siobhan (Slimming Eats) says
Hi Roni, this is best eaten once cooked.