Corn on the cob just can't exist without butter and a good sprinkling of sea salt. I just can't eat it any other way. I know there is those butter spray oils, but bleurgh, it has to be the real stuff for me and you really don't need that much. A little bit goes a long way in terms of flavour.
Not only that, but don't you hate the time it can take to cook it, well not any more. It can be cooked in less than 10 mins with a microwave, then all you need to do is add the melted butter, salt and some optional fire roasted tomato or chilli flakes and you are done. Perfect Buttered Corn on the Cob.
- 4 corn on the cobs, (with part husk)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- coarse sea salt
- black pepper
- optional: fire roasted tomato flakes or red pepper flakes
- Rinse the corn under water
- Wrap in kitchen paper towels
- Add to the microwave
- Microwave on full power for 6 mins
- Remove husk
- Chop with a large knife in half (optional, my kids prefer it in small sizes like this)
- Melt butter in microwave (about 30 secs)
- Add corn to a bowl, drizzle with the melted butter and toss
- Season well with sea salt and black pepper
- Sprinkle with optional fire roasted tomato or red pepper flakes.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 133Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 8mgSodium 431mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 4g
Nutritional information and values etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.