Corn on the cob just can't exist without butter and a good sprinkling of sea salt. I just can't eat it any other way. I know there is those butter spray oils, but bleurgh, it has to be the real stuff for me and you really don't need that much. A little bit goes a long way in terms of flavour.
Not only that, but don't you hate the time it can take to cook it, well not any more. It can be cooked in less than 10 mins with a microwave, then all you need to do is add the melted butter, salt and some optional fire roasted tomato or chilli flakes and you are done. Perfect Buttered Corn on the Cob.
Extra Easy - 1.5 syns per serving
Green - 1.5 syns per serving
WW Smart Points - 4
- 4 corn on the cobs, (with part husk)
- 1 tbs of butter (5 syns)
- sea salt
- optional: fire roasted tomato flakes or red pepper flakes
- Rinse the corn under water
- Wrap in kitchen paper towels
- Add to the microwave
- Microwave on full power for 6 mins
- Remove husk
- Chop with a large knife in half (optional, my kids prefer it in small sizes like this)
- Melted butter in microwave (about 30 secs)
- Add corn to a bowl, drizzle with the melted butter and toss
- Season well with sea salt
- Sprinkle with optional fire roasted tomato or red pepper flakes.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.