One Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken Rice - a simple all in one pan recipe with the delicious flavours of lemon and garlic and packed with healthy vegetables such as cauliflower and spinach.
It's one pot recipe time!! Gosh, I love these types of recipes, don't you?
When I have a busy week planned, I want a recipe that is going to pack in lots of flavour, use simple but fresh ingredients and that comes packed with vegetables.
Using one pan means very little to wash up afterwards. It's a win-win situation.
When it comes to creating a one-pot recipe, it's really is just a case of combining what ingredients you have with complimentary seasonings and even the basic ingredients can become a delicious filling and healthy dinner.
Want some other one-pot recipes to try? Check out these:
- CREAMY ONE POT PORK PASTA
- ONE POT BEEF STROGANOFF PASTA
- ONE POT BEEF FAJITA PASTA
- ONE POT NEW ORLEANS CAJUN PASTA
- ONE POT CHEESEBURGER PASTA
- ONE POT SAUSAGE AND LENTIL CASSEROLE
- ONE POT MARMITE MACARONI AND CHEESE
- ONE POT CAMPFIRE STEW
- ONE POT NANDO’S PERI PERI RICE
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 850 delicious slimming recipes all fully searchable by meal type and ingredients.
What about additional vegetables in this One Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken Rice?
Luckily this dish comes packed with fresh cauliflower and spinach, so I have you covered with this recipe. But there is never any harm in serving with some additional vegetables so if you want to serve alongside some additional greens the more the better.
- Steam Tenderstem Broccoli
- Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted or Steam Asparagus
or any vegetable side of your choice.
Kitchen items that were used for this One Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken Rice:
- Measuring Scales
- Chopping Board
- Measuring spoons
- Santoku Knife
- Le Creuset Cast Iron Casserole (or use a Deep Frying Pan)
- Measuring Cups
- Wooden Spoon
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 1lb (455g) of uncooked boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced into bitesize pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1lb (455g) of fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 cup (180g) of uncooked long grain rice
- 2.25 cups (540ml) of chicken stock
- juice and zest of 2 small lemons (or can slice the lemons and place in top for a milder Lemon flavour)
- 3 cups of chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- pinch of red chilli flakes (optional)
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika (not smoked)
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil
- ½ teaspoon of dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- Add all the ingredients for the seasoning mix to a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the olive oil to the casserole dish (or deep frying pan) and heat over a medium high heat.
- Add the onion and fry until lightly golden and softened
- Add in the chicken. garlic, seasoning mix and fry until we’ll golden and coated .
- Add in the cauliflower, zest and juice of the lemons, and a little splash of the stock just to unglaze anything stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the rice and mix combine.
- Pour in the rest of the stock, bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for approx 10 minutes (check after about 7 minutes just to ensure stock hasn't reduced too quickly, as you may need to add in a little more stock if so).
- Once stock is almost absorbed, stir in the fresh chopped spinach. Add lid and leave with heat turned off for 10 minutes. The heat/steam trapped underneath will continue to cook rice to perfection.
- When ready to serve sprinkle with a pinch of red chilli flakes and some black pepper
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 389Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2.6gCholesterol 85mgSodium 574mgCarbohydrates 47.1gFiber 4.2gSugar 4.4gProtein 27.1g
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.