Creamy Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Chicken Tray Bake – Tender Juicy Chicken Breasts with a Creamy Parmesan Spinach Stuffing all baked on one tray with Baby Yukon Gold Potatoes and Asparagus.
Can you tell I am loving tray bakes at the moment? I just love their simplicity and the fact I can add all ingredients onto one tray and be done.
Okay yes, we do parboil the potatoes using a saucepan, but hey that can quickly be washed up while this cooks in the oven.
Gotta love meals that don’t leave with heaps of different pots and pans at the end of a meal, right?
Low-Fat Cream Cheese? What is that?
Whenever you see me refer to cream cheese, I mean Philadelphia or a store brand variety. I do not and never will mean Quark.
Yes, I know Quark is syn free. but have you tasted it? There is nothing creamy about that ingredient what so ever and you risk ruining an amazing recipe if you skip my advice.
Okay, it works in some recipes, but never for a creamy flavoured dish. It’s sour tasting for one. Don’t compromise just for the sake of saving a couple of syns. Trust me!!
Love Tray Bake recipes like this? Check out these:
- Chicken, Vegetable and Potato Traybake
- Black Pepper Chicken Tray Bake
- Garlic Lemon Tray Bake
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Rice Tray Bake
- Chilli Cheese Fries
- Lemon Herb Butter Salmon Tray Bake
- Feta, Roasted Beetroot and Chicken Tray Bake
- Moroccan Chicken Tray Bake
- Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake
- All Day Breakfast Tray Bake
- Beef Kofta Tray Bake
- Honey Garlic Chicken Tray Bake
- Chickpea, Egg and Kale Tray Bake
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 850 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc.
How can I add a 1/3 speed foods to this Creamy Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Chicken Tray Bake?
There are spinach and asparagus included in this recipe which all adds to your speed foods, but some additional green veggies of choice would be great too.
I love these Sauteed Garlic Brussel Sprouts another option would be to swap the potatoes out for some cubes of butternut squash – yum!!
Kitchen Items use in this Creamy Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Chicken Tray Bake:
- Measuring Scales
- Chopping Board
- Measuring spoons
- Santoku Knife
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Tray
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 680g (24oz) of baby potatoes halved
- 680g (24oz) of asparagus, trimmed and then chopped in half.
- 4 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts (250g/9oz each)
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 6 tbs of low-fat cream cheese - 6 syns
- 120g (4.25oz) of parmesan cheese, grated - 4 HEa's
- 1.5 handfuls of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Cooking oil spray (I use avocado)
- fresh parsley
- salt and black pepper.
- Add the potatoes to a saucepan and cover with water, add a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil, turn off heat and leave for 5 minutes. Drain
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6) (not a fan oven)
- Add the potatoes to a baking tray and spray over the top with cooking oil spray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes
- While the potatoes are baking, slightly flatten the chicken breasts.
- Using a sharp knife make a slit in the side of each breast so it creates a pocket.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, parmesan, chopped spinach and crushed garlic.
- Stuff this equally into the pockets of each chicken breast.
- In another small bowl combine the paprika, salt and onion powder
- Carefully rub the seasoning into each chicken breast.
- Remove tray and scatter the asparagus, then make 4 equal sized cleared spaces on the tray and add the stuffed chicken breasts
- Spray over the top with cooking oil spray.
- Place back in the oven for approx 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Scatter with some fresh parsley, season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- Serve and Enjoy!!
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly.
- Slimming World: 1.5 syns and 1 HEa per serving
- WW Flex/Freestyle Smart Points: 9 per serving
NOTE: Different brands of low fat cream cheese vary in syn value so check the syns of the one you use.
*suitable for freezing
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
- Baking Tray Set of 4, HaWare Stainless Steel Baking Sheet –Rimmed Pan Baking Sets -Healthy & Non Toxic, Easy Clean & Dishwasher Safe (Large Size)
- ZeZaZu Parchment Paper Sheets for Baking (100 Sheets), Precut 12 x 16 inches - Exact Fit for Half-Sheet Baking Pans, Unbleached, Dual-Sided Coating, Siliconized, Non-Stick, RECLOSABLE Pack
- Green Pan Casserole / Aluminium non-stick casserole with glass lid / Ø 24 cm / 4.6 L / Suited for every hob type except induction / Dishwasher safe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 597 Total Fat 13.7g Saturated Fat 6.4g Carbohydrates 41.4g Fiber 7.7g Sugar 8.3g Protein 83g
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.