Are you a brussel hater? Try my Syn Free Sauteed Shredded Garlic Brussel Sprouts and I am sure I can change your mind.
Up until a few years ago, I hated brussels sprouts, bleurgh, horrible overcooked bitterness in your mouth. The only way I was ever served them as a child was over cooked and boiled in water, it isn’t a surprise I hated them.
But I happened to stumble across a mixed salad bag a few years ago, which had kale, broccoli stalks and shredded brussels in it and amazingly I discovered they are delicious raw in a salad.
Of course from there I had to give brussel sprouts another go cooked. This time sauteeing it up in a pan with some garlic and black pepper. It is literally the best green ever, I could now eat a bowl of the stuff just on its own.
It can make a great side dish, I even love it topped with curry (now that might seem like an odd combination, but it is seriously yummy).
Another of my personal favorites to serve it with is my Slow Cooked Sweet Onion Braised Beef
alongside my Syn Free Sweet Potato Mash - it's a perfect meal combination.
This recipe is also gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, paleo and Whole30 friendly
Extra Easy - syn free per serving Green - syn free per serving Original/SP - syn free per serving WW smart points - 0
- 500g/17.5oz of brussel sprouts, shredded
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- ⅓ cup/80ml of chicken or vegetable stock
- spray oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil
- Add the garlic and fry just to release flavour.
- Add the brussel sprouts and spray with some more spray oil.
- Fry for about 2-3 mins.
- Add in the stock, season well with salt and black pepper, reduce heat and cover with a lid, continue to cook until stock reduces and brussels are nice and green (about 5 mins).
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.