Are you a brussel hater? Try my Sauteed Shredded Garlic Brussel Sprouts and I am sure I can change your mind.
Up until a few years ago, I hated brussels sprouts, bleurgh, horrible overcooked bitterness in your mouth. The only way I was ever served them as a child was over cooked and boiled in water, it isn’t a surprise I hated them.
But I happened to stumble across a mixed salad bag a few years ago, which had kale, broccoli stalks and shredded brussels in it and amazingly I discovered they are delicious raw in a salad.
Of course from there I had to give brussel sprouts another go cooked. This time sauteeing it up in a pan with some garlic and black pepper. It is literally the best green ever, I could now eat a bowl of the stuff just on its own.
It can make a great side dish, I even love it topped with curry (now that might seem like an odd combination, but it is seriously yummy).
Another of my personal favorites to serve it with is my Slow Cooked Sweet Onion Braised Beef
alongside my Sweet Potato Mash - it's a perfect meal combination.
This recipe is also gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, paleo and Whole30 friendly
- 500g (17.5oz) of brussel sprouts, shredded
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- ⅓ cup/80ml of chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and black pepper
- low calorie spray
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with low calorie spray
- Add the garlic and fry just to release flavour.
- Add the brussel sprouts and spray with some more low calorie spray
- Fry for about 2-3 mins.
- Add in the stock, season well with salt and black pepper, reduce heat and cover with a lid, continue to cook until stock reduces and brussels are nice and green (about 5 mins).
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 49Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 11mgSodium 332mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 4g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.