With St Patrick’s day approaching, we have some very special recipes for you today. These recipes are normally exclusive to Slimming World members, but Slimming World USA have kindly sent them over to us, to share with you all.
If you are new to Slimming World and would like to know more, I posted a review of Slimming World USA previously which you can read here :-
Onto the recipes :-
First we have an Irish classic which is one of my favourites.
Irish Beef and Guinness Casserole
Syns per serving: 1½
2lb lean Irish beef fillet
2 garlic cloves, 6 small onions, 2 celery sticks, 6 carrots
A small handful of fresh parsley
One calorie cooking spray (like PAM)
½ cup Guinness
3½ cups broth made with beef bouillon
1 bay leaf
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut the beef fillet into chunks. Peel and crush the garlic. Peel and quarter the onions. Cut the celery sticks into chunky pieces. Peel and thickly slice the carrots. Chop the parsley. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Spray a large non-stick skillet with PAM and place over a medium heat. Add the beef and stir-fry until browned on all sides. Next, add the vegetables, Guinness and broth. Season well and add the bay leaf. Bring to the boil. Transfer to a medium casserole dish and cover. Cook in the oven for 1½-2 hours or until the beef is tender.
3. Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the chopped parsley before serving
Also, what Irish meal would be complete without the following recipe?
Syns per serving: FREE
1. Peel and chop the potatoes, boil for 20-25 minutes or until tender, drain, return to the pan and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, slice the scallions and shred the cabbage. Place in a skillet sprayed with PAM and fry for 5-6 minutes. Add 4 tbsp of water, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
3. Stir the cabbage mixture into the potatoes and roughly mash. Stir in the yogurt, mustard powder, chopped herbs and seasoning to taste. Serve immediately.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.