Everyone one loves a cheesy garlicky Potato Gratin and this one will not disappoint. It ticks every box and is truly scrumptious.
Even better, this Delicious Potato Gratin is completely syn free when using your healthy extra choice. It's perfectly cheesy and garlicky and total heaven in a dish.
It makes a great side dish for a variety of main courses. such as:
- Low Syn Slow Cooker Guinness Beef Brisket
- Low Syn Stove Top BBQ Chicken
- Syn Free Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake
- Chicken Quinoa Meatballs in a Veggie Sauce
- Sausage and Lentil Casserole
- Bulgur Wheat, Onion, Sage and Sausage Stuffed Chicken
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX to browse over 700+ delicious Slimming World Recipes.
The whole family will love this Potato Gratin, including the kids. My kids love this Potato Gratin whenever I serve it for dinner. They would actually happily eat a plate of this just as it is and who could blame them? I totally could too.
I recommend using a waxy type of potatoes like yukon golds or similar variety (Elfe in the UK). Yukon golds are my favourite for that amazing buttery flavour that they have, without having to add tons of butter.
If you don't like parmesan, then feel free to substitute with cheddar, I just think parmesan is the best cheese for a potato gratin, as it's got heaps of flavour that just pairs amazing well with the garlic.
Usually, potato gratin would have heaps of cream, but I just use stock, as with the layer of potato and parmesan, it is creamy and velvety enough without having to add heaps of additional syns.
There is no way I am spoiling the flavours by adding something like quark or yoghurt - those do have their place in certain recipes, but potato gratin definitely is not one of them.
Just look at that golden, cheesy potato for a second, take it in, smell the screen, you know you want to make this right? I mean who wouldn't it does look pretty darn good right?
In fact I am typing this up a few days after making this amazing Potato Gratin, and can't help but crave it again right now. It is just screaming at me - eat me now!!
What Kitchen Items Do I Need To Make This Syn Free Potato Gratin?
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Oven Proof Dish
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 1 garlic clove
- 900g of potatoes (I used Yukon golds), peeled and sliced thinly
- 90g of parmesan (3xHEa’s)
- 300ml of chicken or vegetable stock
- salt and black pepper to season
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Preheat the oven to 200c or 400f
- Spray an oven proof dish with some cooking oil spray
- Chop the garlic clove in half and rub over the base and sides of an ovenproof dish. Arrange half the potatoes in the dish, slightly overlapping as you do.
- Sprinkle with a half of the parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over half of the stock.
- Finely chop the other half of the garlic clove and add this to the top of the potatoes.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes, stock and cheese.
- Spray over the top with some more cooking oil spray
- Bake in the oven for approx 45mins - 1 hour, the top should be nice and golden.
- A great side dish for casseroles, meat, fish etc
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 351Total Fat 9.2gSaturated Fat 5.9gCholesterol 23mgSodium 635mgCarbohydrates 49.1gFiber 7.2gSugar 2.5gProtein 18.4g