Tender Seasoned Chicken Breast stuffed with Bulgur Wheat, Onion, Sage and Sausage Stuffing - perfect serving with your favourite roasted vegetables sides and gravy.
I make this recipe regularly for the family on a Sunday or Easter Sunday Dinner, Canadian Thanksgiving and more.
When ever I make this recipe there are clear plates all around.
My family enjoy this served them with Garlic and Herb Roast Potatoes, Rich Onion Gravy and Maple Glazed Carrots. Then some baby spinach just quickly sauteed in a pan with a little spray oil. Try this yummy combination or serve the chicken with your own choice of sides.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your
Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (approx 170g per chicken breast)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- handful of fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 200g (7oz) of low calorie sausages (casing removed)
- ½ cup (95g) of uncooked bulgur wheat
- ½ small apple, grated
- salt and black pepper
- sweet paprika
- low calorie spray
- Add bulgur wheat to a saucepan with 1 cup of water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover with lid. Simmer until all liquid is absorbed, remove from heat, then leave with lid on so steam underneath continues to cook it. Allow to cool completely.
- Add the cooked bulgur wheat, sausage meat, apple, onion, sage and salt and black pepper to a bowl and combine together well
- Place the chicken breasts on plastic wrap and cover over with plastic wrap, then pound with a rolling pin, to get equal thickness.
- One at a time, place a chicken breast on a large piece of plastic wrap and spoon a ¼ of the stuffed mixture onto the breast along the width and using the plastic wrap, tightly roll the chicken breast, sealing it tightly on both ends, by twisting the plastic wrap (kind of like a sweet wrapper), repeat with the other 3 chicken breasts and place in the refrigerator for a few hours to chill (this will firm them up so they hold their shape).
- Preheat oven to 190c fan, 210c or 420f
- Remove chicken from fridge. Line a baking tray with some foil.
- Spray each chicken breast with spray oil and then rub in a little paprika, salt and black pepper.
- Place on the baking tray and bake in the oven for approx 20-25 mins (until chicken is cooked through). Carefully turnover half way through cooking time.
- When you remove from oven, cover over with foil and allow to rest for approx 10 mins before slicing.
- Serve with your choice of sides, or the sides as suggested and drizzle with syn free gravy.
Please see below for nutritional info box and details about recipe:
- Dairy Free Friendly
- Extras: add some grated cheddar or parmesan to the top of the chicken for a cheesy version
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 294Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 112mgSodium 378mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 41g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.