Delicious sweet roasted vegetables over pasta with some crumbled feta cheese - simple ingredients but amazing flavour
Spaghetti with Roasted Vegetables
This was a dish I used to have regularly when I was at university. We would make a big tray of roasted veg, cook up some pasta and serve it in the middle of the table with a nice bottle of wine while we all dug in.
I still enjoy it now and my kids love it too. I think it is the sweetness of those yummy roasted caramelized vegetables.
Such beautiful colours too of all the healthy vegetables
Best Vegetables for Roasting
You can pretty much roast any kind of vegetables you like, so if there is any in this recipe you don't like, feel free to swap for something else.
We always went for peppers, courgette, onion and parsnips. Parsnips might seem like an odd addition with the vegetables and feta, but the flavours just pair so well together.
Can I skip the butter?
You could but seriously, it's one tablespoon of butter which is only 50 calories per person, 50 calories is not going to make you gain weight and you just won't get the same result with a spray oil.
The butter adds to the flavour of the pasta with everything else, it's so worth it.
More Pasta Recipes
Love pasta recipes? Check out these others:
- One Pot Creamy Cheesy Leek Pasta
- One Pot Cheeseburger Pasta
- One Pot Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
- One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta
- Creamy Garlic Pasta
- One Pot Shrimp Pasta
- Roasted Green Bean and Tomato Pasta
- One Pot Creamy Zucchini Pasta
- Best Ever Spaghetti Carbonara
or if you would like more recipe ideas - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes and can search by ingredients, course, diet and more
All with estimated calories and Slimming World and Weight Watchers Smart Points values.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your
Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 1 red pepper, chopped roughly
- 1 zucchini (courgette), halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced into medium size wedges
- 1 carrots, chopped
- 1 parsnips, chopped
- 200g (10.5oz) of chopped butternut squash
- 2 tsp of mixed herbs
- salt and black pepper
- Spray oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 90g (3oz) of feta
- 125g (4.5oz) of uncooked spaghetti (can use gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 200c, 180c fan or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper
- Add all vegetables (apart from zucchini) to the tray
- Sprinkle with mixed herbs, sea salt and spray with the spray oil
- Roast in oven for approx 45-50 minutes until vegetables have softened and caramelized (add the zucchini half way through cooking time
- Cook pasta to al dente, drain.
- Add back to the pan with the lemon juice and butter and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Divide pasta among two plates, top with roasted veg and crumble the feta over the top.
Please see below for recipe values:
- Slimming World: - 1 HEa and 2.5 syns per serving
- WW Personal Points:
- Gluten Free - use gluten free pasta
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information, Slimming World syn values and WW points etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
Slimming Eats is in no way connected, affiliated or endorsed by Slimming World or Weight Watchers. We recommend that you consult with a Slimming World or WW Consultant to verify accuracy of values at a group meeting or through an online subscription to those plans.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 473Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 28mgSodium 570mgCarbohydrates 74gFiber 10gSugar 29gProtein 11g
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.