Nothing better than a one pot meal, like this delicious Syn Free One Pot Shrimp Pasta
Sometimes when you cook a meal, especially after a busy day, the last thing you want is various pots and pans to clear up.
Well this dish avoids all of that, as it is all cooked in just the one pan, super simple, super quick. Plus it tastes amazing.
Whenever I am making a homemade pasta sauce from scratch, I prefer fresh tomatoes where possible. You can use canned if that is all you have got, but the taste of fresh tomatoes as they break down into a sauce once cooked is out of this world, the have a natural sweetness to them, where as canned tomatoes tend to be acidic and normally require some kind of sugar/sweetener to tone it done.
The few drops of tabasco added to this One Pot Shrimp Pasta add a little bit of heat to the sauce which compliments it really well and of course a good few handfuls of spinach add that extra speed that is always a good thing. Spinach is a great speed food to add into pasta, as it doesn't take much cooking, so is nice and quick.
Although this recipe is for shrimp, you could actually use chicken instead if you prefer or add in some white fish, now that would be yummy.
This can be made gluten free if you choose a gluten free pasta like brown rice pasta (I always like to recommend brown rice pasta as a gluten free alternative as I find it to be the closest in taste and texture to original pasta, hey even if you aren't gluten free, it's a healthier alternative to try. This One Pot Shrimp Pasta is also dairy free, but if you are okay with dairy, a little bit of grated parmesan to the top as part of your HEa is really nice. You could even stir in a few tbs of low fat cream cheese to make it creamy, now there is a thought - yum!!
Give this One Pot Shrimp Pasta a try and serve with a big mixed salad for some more additional speed foods.
and if it is more pasta dishes you are after, check out these other Pasta Recipes.
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped (Roma/plum tomatoes are best)
- 3 cups of baby spinach
- 1 cup/240ml of passata
- 2 cups/480ml of stock
- 2 drops of tabasco sauce
- 20 large peeled raw shrimp/prawns
- 200g of spaghetti (or other pasta of choice, can also use gluten free)
- spray oil
- salt and black pepper
- Optional: parmesan from HEa serving
- Spray a deep frying pan over a medium heat with some spray oil
- Add the onions and garlic and cook till golden
- Add tomatoes and cook till the just start to break down.
- Add in the stock, passata, tabasco, spinach and spaghetti
- Bring to a boil
- Simmer until sauce reduces (approx 6 mins), stirring often
- Add in the raw shrimp and continue to simmer, stirring often for another 6 mins until pasta and shrimp are cooked
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper
- If you want you can top with some parmesan from your HEa allowance.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - Syn Free per serving
- WW Smart Points - 10
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 541Cholesterol 173mgSodium 1600mgCarbohydrates 92gFiber 6gSugar 8.9gProtein 39.2g