One Pot Taco Beef Pasta - an easy yummy recipe that is cooked all in one pan. Cheesy spicy taco flavoured deliciousness!!
So what do you do when you fancy tacos but don't have taco's and want a simple quick meal that the whole family can dig in and enjoy? Make these yummy One Pot Taco Beef Pasta of course.
It has all those yummy combinations of a taco - ground beef, peppers, homemade taco seasoning, cheese and best of all Pasta. As let's face it, everyone loves a bowl of pasta - right?
Best Type of Pasta for One Pot Recipes
Want a short answer? Any!!! Yep, that's right any kind of dried pasta will work in this dish. So you really don't need to go and buy anything special.
However my favs for one-pot recipes are definitely - Fusilli (which is what I used here), Macaroni and Penne, they are all just the perfect size and shape to really get coated in all that delicious sauce.
What kind of meat can I use in Taco Pasta?
This is a one-pot taco beef recipe, so I used extra lean ground beef (beef mince) as it's the kids favourite whenever I make any kind of tacos.
But any ground meat works well - turkey, chicken (I've not tried pork) and if you don't fancy ground meat, feel free to use chicken or beef. Go for cuts that are better for absorbing flavour - i.e. chicken thighs instead of chicken breast. But if you really don't like thigh meat, then go with what you like. Just brown as per the recipe and other instructions.
Best kind of pan for One Pot recipes
A large deep frying pan or skillet is best, you don't want it spilling over the sides.
My favourite choice is cast iron - because the heat really penetrates and cooks fast. A saucepan is not recommended, because it is not quite shallow enough to boil quickly or wide enough to fit all the ingredients.
My one-pot pasta is taking too long to cook
Make sure you have the recommend sized pan as mentioned above. If it is taking longer than the specified time, then you have your heat far too low.
The liquid is the correct measurement, so if it is not bubbling away in the pan, it won't reduce anywhere or cook the pasta. It will literally just be ingredients sat in hot water.
Turn up the heat and let it bubble, it really will cook as quickly as the recipe states.
Can I use Quark, instead of cream cheese?
It's a question I get asked a lot in recipes where I use light cream cheese. I personally don't use Quark very often, it has a more sour taste compared to cream cheese, so doesn't yield the same kind of sauce.
But if you really don't want to use the small amount of syns for the cream cheese, then yes use Quark, just ensure you remove from heat and stir it in at the very end. Remember though, this tastes the best with the cream cheese and it's not many syn when divided up into servings.
Sides for One Pot Taco Beef Pasta
What kind of sides can I serve with this? My simplest and my favourite choice is just a nice mixed salad. Nice and quick and can be made and put together while the pasta is bubbling away on the stove.
Some of my favorite salad items for this are:
- Shredded Crisp Romaine or Iceberg Lettuce
- Julienned Carrot
- Baby Cucumber Sliced
- Diced Red Onion
- Halved Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- Diced Cooked Beetroot
More One Pot Recipes
Love One Pot Recipes? Check out some of these:
- ONE POT BEEF STROGANOFF PASTA
- ONE POT LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN RICE
- ONE POT CUBAN STYLE RICE (WITH CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE)
- ONE POT BEEF FAJITA PASTA
- ONE POT CHEESEBURGER PASTA
- ONE POT NEW ORLEANS CAJUN PASTA
- ONE POT CREAMY HAM MUSHROOM ORZO
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 900 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 455g (1lb) of extra lean ground beef (mince)
- cooking oil spray (I used avocado)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- ¾ cup (180ml) of passata
- ¾ cup (130g) of sweetcorn
- 200g (7oz) of uncooked pasta (I used fusilli)
- 2.25 cups (500ml) of beef stock
- 3 tbs of light cream cheese (4.5 syns)
- 60g (2oz) of cheddar, grated
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- a handful of coriander, chopped (optional)
For the taco seasoning:
- 1.5 tsp of cumin
- 1.5 tsp of paprika
- 1.5 teaspoons Mexican Chili (Chilli) powder
- ½ tsp of oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper (can add more or less depending on your preferred spice level)
- Add the ground beef to a deep frying pan over a medium-high heat
- Cook until browned, then add in all the ingredients for the taco seasoning and stir to fully coat, remove and set aside.
- Spray the frying pan with some cooking oil spray, add the onion, garlic and peppers and fry for a couple of minutes to soften.
- Add back in the beef, along with passata and corn and stir to coat.
- Add in the uncooked pasta and stock.
- Turn up the heat to bring to a boil, then reduce the heat a little (liquid should still be bubbling) until the liquid reduces down and the pasta is cooked (approx 12-13 minutes). If more liquid is needed as pasta is still quite firm, then add in some water.
- When the pasta is cooked, stir in the cream cheese and cheddar until all melted and the pasta is creamy and velvety in appearance.
- Taste and season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle with the chopped Spring Onions and cilantro (if using).
- Serve and Enjoy!!
This recipe is Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - ½ HEa and 1.5 syns per serving
- Green WW Smart Points - 10 per serving *use extra lean ground turkey or chicken instead of beef
- Blue WW Smart Points - 9 per serving *use extra lean ground turkey or chicken instead of beef
- Purple WW Smart Points - 9 per serving *use extra lean ground turkey or chicken instead of beef
If you want to use all your Healthy Extra A you can add in the full 30g per person, if you don't have a Health Extra A spare, syn the cheese at an additional 3 syns per person. So 4.5 syns per serving in total.
SUITABLE FOR FREEZING (but pasta is always best enjoyed on the day of being cooked)
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot content or post recipe or content in full. All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 494Total Fat 14.1gSaturated Fat 6.6gCholesterol 27.1mgSodium 767mgCarbohydrates 54.1gFiber 5.1gSugar 6.8gProtein 38.6g
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.